• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki JV33 Black Head

Steven McFadden

Hi, new to the forum, we had a Mimaki JV33 in storage in work and i have brought it out and started it up this week, through a lot of hard cleaning i managed to get all the colours coming through apart from the black head, there is not even a small part of it coming through, is the head gone or is there another procedure i could do, i am more used to working with Latex printers so dont know much about the Mimaki JV33, any help would be great!

Attachments

• Mimaki head test.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 43

Neil

You can test whether it's electrical or plumbing related by doing a damper swap.
Have a search on here in the Mimaki forum it's been covered ad infinitum.
Basically, unplug the black dampers and plug them into say the cyan head channels. And Vice versa.
If cyan ink comes out the black head channels, the head is fine.
If the black still doesn't come through the cyan channel, it's ink/plumbing related.
Most likely the cap seal is not 100% air tight, possibly blocked lines under the cap

Steven McFadden

You can test whether it's electrical or plumbing related by doing a damper swap.
Have a search on here in the Mimaki forum it's been covered ad infinitum.
Basically, unplug the black dampers and plug them into say the cyan head channels. And Vice versa.
If cyan ink comes out the black head channels, the head is fine.
If the black still doesn't come through the cyan channel, it's ink/plumbing related.
Most likely the cap seal is not 100% air tight, possibly blocked lines under the cap
Thats great advice, thanks Neil, it also seems to have stopped regularly self cleaning the heads, do you know if this is a setting somewhere?

hbb2008

Premium Subscriber
Yes there are a few ways to set automatic cleanings. 1 way is in the Type settings during a print (after so many meters printed) and another way is to set up up to clean routinely in Sleep mode.

Make sure the main power is never turned off so it can preform the cleaning functions during sleep mode.
Hope this helps

Attachments

• jv33usertypesettings.jpg
    jv33usertypesettings.jpg
    267.9 KB · Views: 25
  • jv33usertypesettings-2.jpg
    jv33usertypesettings-2.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 27
  • jv33-autocleaning.jpg
    jv33-autocleaning.jpg
    265.2 KB · Views: 27
  • jv33-cleaning during sleepmode.jpg
    jv33-cleaning during sleepmode.jpg
    254.5 KB · Views: 24

Steven McFadden

Yes there are a few ways to set automatic cleanings. 1 way is in the Type settings during a print (after so many meters printed) and another way is to set up up to clean routinely in Sleep mode.

Make sure the main power is never turned off so it can preform the cleaning functions during sleep mode.
Hope this helps
Brilliant, thanks for that, appreciate it!

caribmike

Retired with a Side Hustle
You can also set the head up for a head soak and once the head in firmly in the capping station, unplug the unit and let it sit for a few days.

I've unclogged stubborn heads this way in the past and some here told about this method.