• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki JV33

Rising

Evening Guys.

We bought our JV33-130 May 08, a great machine. I have been in this industry 23 years and with my critical print eye, quality is everything in what we do and this machine delivers very well what we were looking for in a printer.

We print alot of our work in fairly high res through Rasterlink Pro and always happy with results. What I would like is to put less ink down (lower res)without it causing banding issues. As users of Rasterlink will know, this software is not overly supported for profiles and can be hard to get additions from 3rd party media suppliers.

My question is do any you fellas have any pointers on profiles that put down less ink but do not have banding. I would like these type of profiles for larger jobs that are not read close up. Or any profiles you may want to share? :thumb:

Phew, went round the houses there.

Steve

gabagoo

I dont understand lower resolution and a banding correlation. Can't you media adjust the printer to offset the banding? Maybe you could explain the type of banding you mean?

Rising

hey. Only small line banding not really bad. It is, as you say, probably media feed speed v passes. Not done any of this kind of adjustment, been concerned I may mess up the feed by doing this. When trying this adjust would it only affect that profile, hmmm.

Steve

MachServTech

Or any profiles you may want to share? :thumb:

How much would you be willing to spend to get this done...the reason I ask is you really need to start building your own profiles. That will be the cheapest way to solve your problems.
If you do the hit and miss canned profile appoach I can forsee many, many yards of wasted media, the cost of which could have paid for a Spectro a few times over.

There are many of us here that would be willing to walk you through the process.

Dice

Hi Steve,

It's difficult to get the jv33 to use less ink, especially with Rasterlink. We have a JV33-160 and invested in a iOne to do our own profiles.

The only way to get the JV33 is to print at the lowest setting 540 x 720, but you will need a profile for it for correct color.

You can get an iOne for about $900 and you either need to get the profile creator for RasterLink or upgrade to a new Rip like Onyx or Colorgate.

Rising

Mach

Its not a real problem as such the printer is great, I would just like to put down less ink, (lower res) on certain projects, banners and the like. Great offer on a walk through process, thanks, we are pretty well competent with software and computers but would not know where to start in building profiles.

Dice. I know Rasterlink ain't up in the top league of RIPs although it is not a bad software.

Steve

Last edited:

MachServTech

but would not know where to start in building profiles.

Steve

We would have you rolling with new profiles in no time. You would save $$$ in ink and be able to print good quality in fast resolutions that may be causing too much trouble right now.

It seems way more daunting than it really is.

I just showed someone how to get as much saturation with 360x360 as they were getting with their 720x1440 profile. Now they have a hell of a lot more speed for their banner production.

Dice

Mach, the lowest Res that the JV33 can print is 540 x 720 unless i'm mistaken.

You can create a 360 x 360 on the jv33?

MachServTech

Mach, the lowest Res that the JV33 can print is 540 x 720 unless i'm mistaken.

You can create a 360 x 360 on the jv33?

You may be correct. I was thinking if an HP 9000 for that example. The 360x360 on the HP turned out great....sorry I didn't specify.