• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Mimaki UCJV300-160 White ink Leak

Pawel90

Hello everyone,
I'm a happy owner of Mimaki UCJV300-160. The machine has been working fine for almost 2 years now (I got it brand new).

Today suddenly I noticed Leak near the pump. Nearly all white ink just leaks.
There is my question, is there any chance I can fix it myself or do I have to call for an engineer. What can be the reason for that sudden leak?
Attaching some photos.

Thanks
Pawel

Attachments

• 20220714_201436.jpg
    20220714_201436.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 544
  • 20220714_201442.jpg
    20220714_201442.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 257
  • 20220714_201447.jpg
    20220714_201447.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 277

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
It's either a bad connection or a tube ruptured inside a pump. You're going to have to get it cleaned up as best as possible and try to find where the leak is coming from. Looks like it's coming from the right pump from the pictures. They are fairly easy to replace.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
So the best and easiest way is to get a new pump and replace it?
Only if it's the actual pump where the leak is coming from. You'll want to make sure that's where it's coming from. It could be a bad connection between two tubes for example. But I have seen the pumps just break internally before. Just don't leave the covers off for long periods of time especially if the machine is near a bright light source or window.

Pawel90

I did it myself is easy to do it. If you got some manual skills you will handle this without a problem. The cost was about £100 as I remember.

Beau Barcus

Just had the same issue with ours. Came in this morning with puddles of ink on the floor. Pulled off the back cover and sure enough the pump on the right side looked just like your photos. I have an email out to Mimaki tech support, but after reading this I assume I'll be replacing the pump.
Anything I should know when replacing it? Any tips of things you unexpectedly ran into?
Thanks!

Smoke_Jaguar

You can just replace the silicone tubing inside the pump, not too hard (messy), dirt cheap and it's a good thing to do every few years. Just a peristaltic pump run by a stepper. Just unclamp the body, measure the silicone tubing, cut new bits, move the fittings, clamp the lines (zip ties work, but spring clamps are best), install the tubes, lubricate with a bit of silicone grease and reassemble.

Beau Barcus

You can just replace the silicone tubing inside the pump, not too hard (messy), dirt cheap and it's a good thing to do every few years. Just a peristaltic pump run by a stepper. Just unclamp the body, measure the silicone tubing, cut new bits, move the fittings, clamp the lines (zip ties work, but spring clamps are best), install the tubes, lubricate with a bit of silicone grease and reassemble.
You think it's just the tubing inside the pump that has failed?

Smoke_Jaguar

Tubing will be thin wall metric, make sure to get inside and outside diameter. If in a pinch and need it quickly, I have used nitromethane rated silicone fuel line from a local hobby shop to good effect before.