• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki UJF 6042 braille

TheCPC

Hi does anyone know if the UJF6042 prints ADA compliant braille signs?
The mutoh 661 apparently can, so hoping the Mimaki UJF can too?
Cheers

Last edited:

Gary Wiant

I just purchased a Mutoh XPJ661 UF, we went to a distributors open house specifically because both Mimaki & Mutoh had reps there.
A couple of the Mimaki reps said it "can" print Braille, once I talked to one of the higher up Mimaki reps that I knew from the past, he said unfortunately I should purchase the Mutoh, they have Mimaki beat right now.

Apparently Mimaki Is having a hard time building up high enough with the proper rounded finish to be certified.

I've opened 3 Mimaki printers with SS21 inks & I've loved all of them & when I purchase another Roll to Roll printer I will definately get another Mimaki, but I will say I've been very impressed with the XPJ 661. & their included Vertelith RIP software seems to do very well.

Raum Divarco

General Manager CUTWORX USA / Amcad & Graphics
I just purchased a Mutoh XPJ661 UF, we went to a distributors open house specifically because both Mimaki & Mutoh had reps there.
A couple of the Mimaki reps said it "can" print Braille, once I talked to one of the higher up Mimaki reps that I knew from the past, he said unfortunately I should purchase the Mutoh, they have Mimaki beat right now.

Apparently Mimaki Is having a hard time building up high enough with the proper rounded finish to be certified.

I've opened 3 Mimaki printers with SS21 inks & I've loved all of them & when I purchase another Roll to Roll printer I will definately get another Mimaki, but I will say I've been very impressed with the XPJ 661. & their included Vertelith RIP software seems to do very well.
Yea we find with the testing we do for certain applications that the we can achieve better results with build up and profile with more manual setup than presets.
But the project is coming along, it just isnt a priority at this time.