• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

monday not starting well

SignsRus

Mutoh 64" ValueJet

Was in printing yesterday. Came in this morning, everytime I try to print I get an error in the Flexi-Sign production manager "cannot open port"

Signsforwhile

Check your connections and reboot. Also check your network settings....somehow you might have disconnected that connection. I'm assuming you're not using USB.

SignsRus

Check your connections and reboot. Also check your network settings....somehow you might have disconnected that connection. I'm assuming you're not using USB.

Was the first thing I did. Checked all connections, and rebooted the pc, and printer.

Just double checked the network settings on the printer.

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
Does the print have a printer interface module. a little widget that plugs into the input port on the printer and into which you plug the ethernet cable from your computer?

If so, power the computer off , and unplug the power cords from the printer and this interface off. Remove the ethernet cable from the printer interface module and remove the module from the printer. Reinstall the module and the ethernet cable, reconnect the module and the printer power cords, and restart your computer. It should, as if by magic, be back to normal.

SignsRus

Does the print have a printer interface module. a little widget that plugs into the input port on the printer and into which you plug the ethernet cable from your computer?

If so, power the computer off , and unplug the power cords from the printer and this interface off. Remove the ethernet cable from the printer interface module and remove the module from the printer. Reinstall the module and the ethernet cable, reconnect the module and the printer power cords, and restart your computer. It should, as if by magic, be back to normal.

The printer has a built in ethernet port. No need for the module.

Man I was here printing yesterday. I can ping the printer on the network. I don't get it. Just says "cannot open port" after it's RIP's.

ARG. Man I have a lot to do. Don't get it

SignsRus

Wow, I feel dumb!

Was a duplicate ip on the network. Should have been the first thing I looked for.

But then again should have never been an issue. If I was here when they setup the printer I would have assigned a high enough ip that this wouldn't ever be an issue.

*sigh*

Compilla

Do you have the Printer plugged directly into the computer, or is it through a USB hub, Rauter or anything?

What's the IP Address on the Printer itself ?
What's the IP Address on FlexiSign ?
What's the IP Address for the Printer on the Local Area Connection ?

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
Did you cancel or otherwise interrupt a print? If so and you didn't do it exactly right, the "can't open port" is the usual result.

Since it was working and now, without any apparent change of anything, it's not, I doubt your network software has changed.

Since the ethernet plugs directly into the printer, unplug the ethernet cable and the printer, don't merely power it off, unplug it. Power off your computer, don't simply restart it, turn it off. Plug everything back in. restart the computer and power on the printer. See if that doesn't change things.

randya

Wow, I feel dumb!

Was a duplicate ip on the network. Should have been the first thing I looked for.

But then again should have never been an issue. If I was here when they setup the printer I would have assigned a high enough ip that this wouldn't ever be an issue.

*sigh*

I have not found that having a high enough ip really solves this issue.

It seems that this occurs other ethernet devices in the area (using DCHP) are powered on while the printer is powered off (of disconnected) DCHP will sometimes (much too often in many cases) take that IP number and assign it causing the conflict.

The solution would be to power off ALL IP devices and turn those on that have static IP addresses first and DCHP will see that those numbers are already in use.