• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

More of a rant than a question

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
How do you deal with these customers who feel 'they' have the right ideas for design, and no matter how you push, they want it their crappy way? Just dealt with another one, who has a banner layout that I modified. It was a dark blue, BUSY background with small Black text. I changed it all to white so you can see it. He insists on black, or at least a think black border. I just can't get people that don't understand that WE as designers, make this stuff according to what WE think looks and works best. But whatever, I am going to do what he wants.

ExecuPrintGS

Give them a price and take a credit card... take profit from job and buy beer on the way home, get home at night and drink...

SignManiac

Print an eye chart on a 8.5 x 11 sheet of paper with black letters on a dk blue background. Stand 15' away from him and ask him what the bottom line says... Tell him that's what his customer will be able to read.

Or read him the websters definition of the word contrast.

bulldozer

if they come to use with artwork, we inform them of the problem. that is as far as it goes. if we don't design, we don't push. not our problem.

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
Give them a price and take a credit card... take profit from job and buy beer on the way home, get home at night and drink...

Sometimes we like to take at least a little pride in our work. Keeps them coming back. Not in this for the beer.

fozzie

Don't know the perfect solution but find many clients are like this.

Acquaintance of client: Dave whered you get the banner?
Dave: Best Signs and Printing
Aquaintance: looks like crap. Can't read it from 10 feet away. They designed that?
Dave: Uuh, yea.
Acquaintance: they screwed you. I would never use them.