• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Most affordable way to ship banners?

stew1tx

Centex Wraps and Signs
Wondering how everyone does it and through who. Typical sizes will be 3, 4, 5, 6' wide and in 3-10' lengths most will be general 13 oz but occasional 18 oz and mesh.

look forward to hearing about it.....

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Roll it around a core of some sort, stick it in a tube and use the carrier of your choice.

stew1tx

Centex Wraps and Signs
Thanks Gino! I know that much just wondered if folks use the triangle boxes etc, guess it depends on size as I do not think they come in 6' lengths....Trying to keep costs down

If you only have to ship banners on occasion, you could always use Signs365 and have them drop ship to your customers. We do this on any banner jobs that need to be shipped. They package the banners very well and we've never had a customer make a claim over damaged goods. They use your mailing address as the shipper's address, so no worries there, either.

That being said, the way they do it is they roll banners up with the printed sides facing inward, wrap the bundle together with cling wrap, put them in a shipping tube with end caps, and then place that inside a rectangular box. It's probably not the most affordable shipping option, but it doesn't get much better than that as far as reliability, which is what I'd personally be more concerned about over cost.

flyplainsdrifta

for oversized banners, we give customers the option of rolled or folded. with the upcharges everyone has for anything longer than 96", we offered it to customers as a way to not get hit with extra $ on shipping. 10x10 and above are pretty much always folded unless customer is down to clown with the money or they are picking up.

#racewraps

@printwithspeed
Thanks Gino! I know that much just wondered if folks use the triangle boxes etc, guess it depends on size as I do not think they come in 6' lengths....Trying to keep costs down

I've found the best packaging wise for banners has been tubes. Quick, easy rollup and slide in the tube. Also, if you don't already have an account with your preferred shipper sign up for one, good way to save. The higher your volume the lower they ship for. Probably obvious answer to your question but thought i'd throw it out there.

GetTarps

for oversized banners, we give customers the option of rolled or folded. with the upcharges everyone has for anything longer than 96", we offered it to customers as a way to not get hit with extra $ on shipping. 10x10 and above are pretty much always folded unless customer is down to clown with the money or they are picking up.
We would NEVER fold a banner. Are you kidding me? That's business 101, never ever fold vinyl.