• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mounting banners on concrete wall.

petepaz

had this happen once and i told the customer can't do it with out drilling, so i told him i could drill in between the bricks and it can be patched afterwards.
that was the only option i offered or he was on his own.
he went with my idea.
just patched it with silicone and some small pieces of the concrete i scrapped from the lower area where no one would notice.

ddarlak

Go Bills!
hand him the banners & collect your check.

tell him you only mount banners the way they are supposed to be hung not being able to drill holes is not your problem.

anything more isn't going to work or won't be worth the time.

I learned a long time ago to tell the customers what is right and what is not, the ones that won't listen are not worth my time...

time is the only thing that matters, you can't buy it - don't waste it.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Pretty sure the customer is dead, the sign shop is out of business, and the wall needs new paint.

The one constant over the last 7 years is...
Gino. The sign industry has rolled by like an army of steamrollers. It’s been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt, and erased again. And yet...Gino is still a curmudgeon.

You're talking about a thread which is over 7 years old and I had 5 "likes" by respected s101 members and you call me out on basically nothing ?? Just to call me a name ?? What kinda person are you, anyway ?? Guess I had you figured all wrong. MERRY CHRISTMAS to you, too..... ya old Scrooge. :thankyou:

Last edited:

JTBoh

I sell signage and signage accessories.
hey, take it as a joke man... most curmudgeons i know are proud of the fact that they are curmudgeons. I'm willing to wager that somewhere in your life, you have a shirt or sign that says cranky old guy on it. You've earned it. The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Merry Xmas to you too.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Hohohoho............. how silly of me not to understand your sappy humor. I didn't realize you spoke for me and made my decisions to know what to take as a joke or not. And nope, no shirts or anything of the likes, so you lost, again. Now, what do I get for all these wrong and silly assumptions on your part ??

Oh yeah..... if you're too lazy to spell the whole word out, don't bother at all. :banghead:

Johnny Best

curmudgeonday.jpg
We have been necropostize.