• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mounting pvc to wall

signs2trade

Any suggestions on what I can use to Mount 3mm pvc to an interior wall board used as backsplashes in restaurants. The back splash is a shiny pebbly looking stuff.

John Butto

french cleat

Cut your cleats out of 3mill pvc and use pvc glue for the back cleat of the 3mil pvc and screws and anchors for the wall cleat, then you have a nice finish with no hardware showing.

i would go with vhb as well the 4910 as mentioned but being the paranoid guy i am i would also use some other type of adhesive like liquid nails, silicone, etc..not sure which what without actually seeing the wall but regardless i would do a test somewhere with a couple of small pieces and come back in 24-48 hours and see which one was the most difficult to remove and roll with it.

John L

The sanitary wall panelling you are speaking of is call FRP (Fiberglass Reinforced Panelling). If it has the wrinkle looking finish we always use the VHB foam version (I dont know the number) and a couple blobs of either silicone or just urethane caulk.

I have used both on real jobs, actual kitchens, and they haven't let go for 10-12 years thus far. Make sure you clean any grease off the wall panel first if it is a working kitchen. If its a new kitchen, just wipe with alcohol and stick it with the tape and silicone.