• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mouse sensitivity on Mac

Joe Diaz

OK, let me explain the setup first. I have both my PC and my Mac on a KVM switch. On the PC my mouse response is perfect. On the Mac I have set the mouse tracking speed as high as I want it to go in the system preferences but it's when i slowly move the mouse that the pointer dosn't respond as well. When i move it quickly it responds how I would normaly expect it to. Again, it's just when i try moving it slowly that it dosn't feel right. The mouse I have is your basic Logitech optical mouse.

Has anyone experienced this, and is there a way i can tweek the setting more so then what the system prefrences has to offer?

It's been this way for a while, but because I don't use the mac as much I've just learned to live with it. But for what ever reason, today, it botherd me enough to ask here.
:thankyou:

Rodi

of Macs and mice… they never got it quite right there in Cuppertino.

My suggestion? Use the Mac for a week, then see if it bothers you…

TheSnowman

Whenever I had my PC mouse plugged into my MAC, it sucked big time. It wasn't accurate at all, and it just jumped a lot when you were just moving a little bit. I got a Might Mouse w/ Bluetooth for it, and now it's fine.

I used to use a KVM switch up till about a month ago. It started being really stupid for some reason, and didn't really work right as far as relaying the mouse info to the computer. I bypassed it and plugged directly into the computer again, and the mouse was fine.

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
So you have the tracking speed as high as possible?

I can't stand the mouse speed that fast, it does get skittish at that speed when you are trying to slow the mouse down, but it gets skittish on my PC at that speed too, just in a different way (I use XP through VMWare Fusion). Mine is set one notch faster of the middle setting.

I have a lot a 30" and 17" moniter set-up. I messed with my Mac and PC settings when i first got this set-up and ended up with my same setting as when I had a 17" only

cgsigns_jamie

With my old setup I never had good luck with the mouse working correctly when using my Belkin SOHO KVM. I ended up doing what Kraig did and just connected the mouse directly to the computer. I just have to remember to grab the other mouse when I switch computers. My new computer is a MacPro so now I just run Windows via Fusion on my second monitor and just have to move the cursor over to that screen to use Windows

Joe Diaz

I don't think it's the switch because the mouse works perfect on the PC, and Rodi i'm not going to use the Mac for a week so that won't help either. Do the Mighty Mouses er mice work on PC's That is an option. There isn't software out there that allows you to tweek the setting more?

Joe Diaz

So you have the tracking speed as high as possible?

I can't stand the mouse speed that fast, it does get skittish at that speed when you are trying to slow the mouse down, but it gets skittish on my PC at that speed too, just in a different way (I use XP through VMWare Fusion). Mine is set one notch faster of the middle setting.

I have a lot a 30" and 17" moniter set-up. I messed with my Mac and PC settings when i first got this set-up and ended up with my same setting as when I had a 17" only

No not all the way up. Just high enough that it matches what i'm used to on the PC.

TheSnowman

Well, I don't know about using the mac mouse on a PC. It's bluetooth, so it's probably possible, but like I said, it's just two different beasts. Even running parallels on my mac, when I'm in windows it doesn't work like it should. When I ran boot camp and was trying that out, it worked normal w/ a PC mouse, but that was the only time. If you run parallels and use your mac mouse, then it's good, cause your still technically in your mac OS,