• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

MULTICAM - manuf prob

FASTSIGNS

Hi all,
Just a heads up if you have a multicam on order...the blower made by a third party is defective. Additionally, all the blowers that are on their factory floor are defective without a fix in sight. We ordered our Multicam (APEX3R) back in March and arrived late July. We got ride of our gerber 404 and the tech was here for 2 weeks trying to put it the new together to get it to run. Finally, diagnosed that the blower assembly was defective. Fine, ship a new one. Then Multicam tested all their assemblies and all are defective. The supplier changed something in the specs. Multicam is now trying to got back to the last generation of blowers to see if they can be retrofit until the new blowers are fixed. So, if you have one on order, hold off until the blower problem is fixed.

JimmyG

The CNC table uses the vacuum intake of a blower shroud with motor that gives a more subtle suction rate than a standard vacuum pump like is used with neon tube processing. We used the same similar type blower case with AC motor to create lower volume air pressure output to run our neon glass torches and ribbon burner using a manifold tube to supply air pressure to all torch units. Opposite of the vacuum suction for CNC vacuum spoil-board.

nastewart0521

Hi all,
Just a heads up if you have a multicam on order...the blower made by a third party is defective. Additionally, all the blowers that are on their factory floor are defective without a fix in sight. We ordered our Multicam (APEX3R) back in March and arrived late July. We got ride of our gerber 404 and the tech was here for 2 weeks trying to put it the new together to get it to run. Finally, diagnosed that the blower assembly was defective. Fine, ship a new one. Then Multicam tested all their assemblies and all are defective. The supplier changed something in the specs. Multicam is now trying to got back to the last generation of blowers to see if they can be retrofit until the new blowers are fixed. So, if you have one on order, hold off until the blower problem is fixed.
Dang that's unfortunate. We have an apex 1 coming in a few weeks we're going to call them today and question them about this. Thanks for the heads up!

bowtievega

Premium Subscriber
Maybe you can replace the blower with a Becker rotary vane vacuum pump instead? We have always used rotary vane pumps with our router tables.

rjssigns

Todays Insignifica: Blower is technically correct even when producing vacuum. Engineering spec'ed out ring blowers for the zero speed pasters I used to build.

If I can remember the brand name I will post it. They were made to run 24/7/365.

Zero help for the OP's current situation though.

FASTSIGNS

Good news! Only the Airtech (3 phase) kinetic blower pump 24 hp model is defective. If you ordered something else chances are it will be ok. But I would double check with Multicam.