• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh 1204 Flusing Pad ...curling!

I just replaced this pad assembly 2 weeks ago because the last one curled up but it had been in for about 2 months. It made a slight knocking noise when the print head moved over it. I just figured it was time to replace it so I didn't think twice about it. I've had the printer for almost 2 years & this just started happening.
I keep the printer well maintained so I'm a little puzzled as to why this just started.
Everything was fine.... ran it through a normal clean cycle this morning....started to print and heard the same knocking noise as the print head was returning over the capping station so I canceled the print, moved the print head out of the way to check things out and found this bent upwards.
The picture is a bit blurry but you can see the curve to it.
mutoh pad 1204.jpg
any ideas?

MacDaddy

That's odd... Never seen one do that before... Try another one and let's see what happens... Has anything in the environmental conditions in your shop changed recently?

That's odd... Never seen one do that before... Try another one and let's see what happens... Has anything in the environmental conditions in your shop changed recently?

No, the temp and shop conditions are same as always. I just don't get it. Maybe the plastics they're made from changed? I'll see what I can find out & update you.

PMG

I had the same issue...they now say when you change the pad you must change the carriage as well. SW sales this as a replacement kit for 28$

Last edited:

ryanmfritz

Does anyone have a good source for frosted or clear acrylic purchases? It seems I have only retail like offices in my area and would like to order in a wholesale price environment. thank you.

P

ProWraps™

the box is warped. this happens over time from the heat of the printer. replace the box. pmg is correct $28 at signwarehouse.com for the kit.

Does anyone have a good source for frosted or clear acrylic purchases? It seems I have only retail like offices in my area and would like to order in a wholesale price environment. thank you.

um wtf?

warlind

We had the same problem - our rep came out and replaced it with a different design. There is a plasic frame under the pad - works so far.....

PMG

here is what the new ones look like.....i just got this in the mail today. And from the looks of it the pad is now made into the carriage .

Attachments

• 11-20-08_1505.jpg
    11-20-08_1505.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 76
  • 11-20-08_1504.jpg
    11-20-08_1504.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 84
I had the same issue...they now say when you change the pad you must change the carriage as well. SW sales this as a replacement kit for 28$
I did replace the whole thing...they're sold as a set. Paid the same price and ordered 2 of them.
It looks like this may have been an issue so they re-designed it. Next time I'll make sure I get the updated version.
Thanks for everyones input!
Have a great week-end! do something FUN!