• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question Mutoh 1204 Not Pulling Ink

ssims21

Was just given a Mutoh 1204, I’ve tried doing a few print head cleanings, but no ink is moving through the lines(the lines are currently empty) how would I go about diagnosing the problem and trying to get it fixed?

netsol

Premium Subscriber
i am not looking at a mutoh,

but

on our rolands,there are hoses off the captops (the piece that comes up to meet the head) and you remove the hose at the bottom where it goes to a pump, and pull ink through until it fills the damper, passes through the head, then the captop and fills the syringe .

rinse the syringe, if you prefer, and do the next color

rambo555

i am not looking at a mutoh,

but

on our rolands,there are hoses off the captops (the piece that comes up to meet the head) and you remove the hose at the bottom where it goes to a pump, and pull ink through until it fills the damper, passes through the head, then the captop and fills the syringe .

rinse the syringe, if you prefer, and do the next color
I am wondering if on a Mutoh, that would be the 2 hoses below the maint station.

rambo555

ssims21
Here is the location of the 2 tubes below the Maintenance Station on the VJ-1204. You will need to remove the Waste bin and then you can see the 2 tubes. It's a pain to get large hands in this area, but it is doable.

Attachments

• Maint Station Tubes.jpg
    Maint Station Tubes.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 91

ssims21

That's correct. You just have to clog one of the tubes or pull from both at the same time or else you'll just pull air.
I just tested it with a vacuum pump. and I can hear air leaking from what sounds like the where the captop & print head meet, I shouldn't hear anything if there is proper sealing, correct?

ssims21

ssims21
Here is the location of the 2 tubes below the Maintenance Station on the VJ-1204. You will need to remove the Waste bin and then you can see the 2 tubes. It's a pain to get large hands in this area, but it is doable.
I connected a vacuum pump to the 2 hoses and tested the seal, I could definitely hear air coming from what sounded like the capping station...