• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh 1204 Print Carriage appears to drag. See VIDEO!

rcook99

Well I did not receive any advise on my original post :popcorn: (http://www.signs101.com/forums/showthread.php?t=99187) except Hubert from SL is working with me to figure it out on Signlabs end.

I have since uploaded a video to youtube see the link below.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMAzhbpFIxc

I feel the front left side of the head needs to be moved up but am not sure why the drag is more pronounced printing through Signlab 9.1 vs Flexi Print.

Any help or advise is appreciated.

Thanks
RC

401Graphics

you should also get a video of the front while it passes so we can see what is hitting. It looks to me that the little locking pin that holds the carriage in place while not in use, is dragging on the print.

rcook99

I went in and set SL temps to match Flexi and still the same issue. Originally they were at 45/40/45 then I even tried changing them to 38/40/50 which is what you saw in the video. These are also the settings a good friend uses for the same equipment setup as mine.

rcook99

you should also get a video of the front while it passes so we can see what is hitting. It looks to me that the little locking pin that holds the print head in place while not in use, is dragging on the print.

I will have that uploaded in a few minutes. You hit it on the head no pun intended but thats what it appears to be. But why would it only do it in SL so heavily yet in Flexi it is pretty much non existent.

401Graphics

I will have that uploaded in a few minutes. You hit it on the head no pun intended but thats what it appears to be. But why would it only do it in SL so heavily yet in Flexi it is pretty much non existent.
I dont know why that is. Maybe just coincidence?

rcook99

Here is a picture of the head moved out over the media. I feel this will show you a little better than a video.

Also is there an adjustment for it? :frustrated:

Attachments

• 2012-09-28_13-01-56_447.jpg
    2012-09-28_13-01-56_447.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 79
  • 2012-09-28_13-00-49_34.jpg
    2012-09-28_13-00-49_34.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 91

401Graphics

Yea that looks pretty close. I'll have to take a pic of my 1204 to compare. I dont know of any adjustment. Maybe something is wrong with the spring that holds it up?

rcook99

Yea that looks pretty close. I'll have to take a pic of my 1204 to compare. I dont know of any adjustment. Maybe something is wrong with the spring that holds it up

I bought this used from a dealer who stated that they went through the machine and also installed a new print head. Not bad mouthing anyone as parts do wear out and if it is the spring as you suggest I am not sure that would be included when changing the head. I just need it fixed as I am unable to do any die cut decals at this point.

randya

The printer has no idea which RIP is sending info.

The only difference could be temps, everything else being equal.

rcook99

@ Randya, thanks the first thing I did was set all the SL temps to match Flexi. After seeing 401's pictures you can plainly see my media sensor is too close.

@ 401, look at the difference in the height of our sensor compared to mine. Now the question is how to fix it. I am waiting on my email to the dealer as i sent the video to them so they can see the problem.

rcook99

Ok the part that is causing the problem seen in the video I posted is called the Cutter Solenoid Assembly. It is obviously too low as seen in my pictures as opposed to "401's" pictures. Now I need to figure out how to adjust it. Waiting on the dealer I bought it from to email me back. I need to get this figured so I can get the work I have on hold done.

401Graphics

cutter? seems like a odd name for a part on a machine that doesnt cut.

If you get backed up on work let me know and i can help you out.

rcook99

Thanks I may be in touch if it doesnt get fixed by the middle of the week. As far as the name I thought it was odd as well but that is from the book I have.

rcook99

Just an update on my print problem. As I said in a prior post it was the Cutter Solenoid Assmebly that was causing the problem. After emailing the company I purchased it from, they proceeded to fill me in on how to adjust the assembly. We are back up and running.

I just want to say a BIG THANK YOU to Chris at Graphic Resource Systems in NJ.

I highly recommend them for any of your current and future print needs. They are GREAT people to work with every step of the way.