• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh 1204 profiles

Intense01

I have been using a Sign warehouse profile for 3651 G quality 2 on Flexi-Sign Pro 10. I recently switched materials to 3M. It seems to be printing fine but I was checking to see what everyone else is currently using. I am printing on some photo paper too and I get banding on my blacks. I am sure it is a profile issue but I can't seem to find anything for the photo paper. My reds seem to be somewhat splotchy(if that makes sense). They are not printing with full coverage. I am doing just 1 pass.

Any help is appreciated

randya

Make sure you do a PF adjust for your paper and that your paper is eco solvent photo paper.

You will want 8 to 16 pass for good photo paper results.

Intense01

Make sure you do a PF adjust for your paper and that your paper is eco solvent photo paper.

You will want 8 to 16 pass for good photo paper results.

How do I do a PF adjust? Do I need to do that when I change materials? If I change to a 8 pass the colors end up being too dark. If I do a 2 pass on my current profile it ends up being darker than desired.

Intense01

I searched it and found some answers about the PF adjustment. I will try that.

In regards to the number of passes should I switch it to 8 pass or should I find a profile that suits my material better?

Also, the profile I am currently using is an 8 pass. I apologize for the confusion. I was thinking of print count. If I change that to 2 it ends up being too dark.

Last edited:

randya

Overprint count is the number of time the head lays the same dots in the same places.
That is going to be too much ink for most applications.
This is typically for backlit and clear applications.

The passes are part of the profile and should not be changed, it will corrupt the profile and not produce the result the profile was built for.

You will need a PF adjust for each media.

Is the media designed for Eco-solvent?

Intense01

Overprint count is the number of time the head lays the same dots in the same places.
That is going to be too much ink for most applications.
This is typically for backlit and clear applications.

The passes are part of the profile and should not be changed, it will corrupt the profile and not produce the result the profile was built for.

You will need a PF adjust for each media.

Is the media designed for Eco-solvent?

Yes, the media is designed for Eco-solvent. I am having issues with all media banding on larger prints. I am guessing the PF adjust is the reason why. My reds have always printed bad. They are very splotchy and some parts are more translucent than others. I wasn't sure if it is a profile issue or a PF adjustment issue. I will keep messing around with it.

Thanks for your help,