• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh 1324 ink not moving

blingdat

I bought a used mutoh 1324. It was nit used for about a year. As soon as I got it, I changed the maintenance station. My ink would not flow to the head except for yellow. It stops before the splitter going to head. The maintenance station seems to be fine for yellow. I tried unclogging my print head and now not even the yellow pulls through. I don’t mind replacing the print head but before I do I want to make sure the issue isn’t something else. Any suggestions.

Attachments

• 1B832D0F-9E93-4860-8A7A-5EDF5539F12B.jpeg
    1B832D0F-9E93-4860-8A7A-5EDF5539F12B.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 278
  • 924E140A-572D-4194-9E48-BD27C657FE78.jpeg
    924E140A-572D-4194-9E48-BD27C657FE78.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 128

jcskikus

Owner, Designer & Installer
Sounds like there is air in the line. May have to draw that out with a large plunger and inspect the lines to see if there are any air bubbles. Otherwise, I'd start looking at the pump. After all this has been looked at and the problem still persists, I would probably follow up with a Mutoh tech in your area.

netsol

Premium Subscriber
a couple questions. when you say it flowed to the head, do you mean filling damper, not printing the yellow portion of the nozzle check?

question 2: what did you try, to unclog the head? what chemical did you use? did you get any of it on the white insulator of the ribbon cables?

you can CAREFULLY REMOVE all of the hoses from the top of the dampers, pull ink through the hoses and expel ink into the dampers

blingdat

a couple questions. when you say it flowed to the head, do you mean filling damper, not printing the yellow portion of the nozzle check?

question 2: what did you try, to unclog the head? what chemical did you use? did you get any of it on the white insulator of the ribbon cables?

you can CAREFULLY REMOVE all of the hoses from the top of the dampers, pull ink through the hoses and expel ink into the dampers
I can remove the hose then pull the ink just fine. How do I get it to flow in the damper ? It will get pulled then when I release sucks back up in the hose. I will say now In the parked position I am not getting the ink to pull. I unglogged my print head with cleaner for the mutoh. I am not sure at this point what to try next. Could the maintenance station be installed incorrectly or could the suction issue be from the head.

netsol

Premium Subscriber
You can put ink into the damper with the syringe.
Assuming the capping station is adjusted correctly, you should pull ink.
Have you put your syringe on the hose that is input for the pump?.
You should be able to pull ink from the cartridges, through the capping station rightthroughn

blingdat

You can put ink into the damper with the syringe.
Assuming the capping station is adjusted correctly, you should pull ink.
Have you put your syringe on the hose that is input for the pump?.
You should be able to pull ink from the cartridges, through the capping station rightthroughn
I have changed my maintenance station ( using a genuine mutoh), the pump is working. I have unclogged my printhead with mutoh cleaner manually. I am still unable to pull the ink with a syringe via the waste hoses. Unless there is something I am not doing correctly. I am blocking off one hose and pulling on the other. I do not have suction and the syringe pulls easily. I have tried re-adusting the maintenance station and same thing. I just cannot get any suction. I have no idea why I am not getting a good seal. Any ideas on what I should try next.

TMAhoia

I have changed my maintenance station ( using a genuine mutoh), the pump is working. I have unclogged my printhead with mutoh cleaner manually. I am still unable to pull the ink with a syringe via the waste hoses. Unless there is something I am not doing correctly. I am blocking off one hose and pulling on the other. I do not have suction and the syringe pulls easily. I have tried re-adusting the maintenance station and same thing. I just cannot get any suction. I have no idea why I am not getting a good seal. Any ideas on what I should try next.
Hi! wondering if you were able to correct this problem?