• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Mutoh 1604

batssigns

Bederson's Auto Tattoos & Signs
Hi There
I have had my Mutoh for the past 2 years and have recently had a problem with the color running out before it can finish printing a large job...(say 3 meters long but it will print 2.5 m and then the color that I started printing with starts to fade - Red to Yellow) The printer technician says that it could be the sub tank or the head as he noticed that I was using after market inks.Has anyone here had a similar problem and if so how did you resolve it?TIA...
Cheers
Brad
Bats Signs

heyskull

Probably more lightly to be dampers.
Techs are always wanting to blame on after market inks.
I have ran my 1604 on after market inks for the last 7 years with no problems.
Post a picture of what your bulk ink system looks like.
It will come up as a sub tank error if their is an issue with them.

SC

Signchief

Does it happen to all colors or just magenta? Probably dampers or maintenance station. Do you have any air in the ink lines? If it was the head i would think you would be noticing a change in print quality. Besides the fading is there any other change?

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
99% of the time ink drop out during the print is caused by failing dampers. The other 1% is things like failing heads, sub tanks etc.