• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh 1614 not turning on

Designer Wraps

List of issues and two parts sitting here waiting for the tech to arrive (2+hrs away), but while printing and receiving Current074 errors (like I normally get now when we start printing in the mornings) ... anyway I had to shut off the printer again. And I reset the power surge this time. Now the machine will not turn back on. I bypassed the surge ... nothing. Completely dead.

Any ideas? I can't get a hold of the tech that's on the way and I really can't afford to be completely down. Any of you know if there's a fuse or something ... anything I can check?

(I have a bad feeling about this)

Thanks!

SE SignSupply

Un-plug the power cord from the back of the machine (not the wall). Let it sit for 5 minutes then put it back in and try again.

randya

I believe it resets a thermal overload in the main power supply.
Which apparently it cant do while powered up.

henryp

It worked. Chris from GRS told me to do this too and it did the trick.

Also check that the ribbon cable connecting the control panel to the mainboard is properly inserted both ends, bad insertion of this cable is the most common cause of VJ printers not powering up all the time.