• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh 1614 printer problems please help

opelsail

We purchsaed a new mutoh 1614 3 years age. we are now experiencing the following problems:

1. Megneta has only one side of the nozzle test printing.
WE DISASSEMBLED THE MEGENTA DAMPNER AND IT WAS CLOGGED ON ONE SIDE WE CLEANED IT OUT WITH MUTOH SOLVENT AND RE INSTALLED IT. PULLED INK THROUGH LINES BUT WE CAN NOT GET THE LINES TO STAY FILLED ONCE CONNECTED TO THE DAMPNER. TRIED A LITTLE CHARGE THROUGH THE CONTROL BUT IT DIDN'T HELP. NOW THE MEGENTA IS NOT PRINTING ANYTHING ON THE NOZZLE TEST. PROBLEY DUE TO THE AIR IN LINES. HOW CAN WE FIX THIS AND DO WE NEED A NEW DAMPNER? Also cleaned the lines on the waste tank from the maintenance station to the bottle both were clogged real bad. Did not remove the maintenance station.

2. The machine keeps telling us that the cartiages are empty but they are half full. How can we fix this. Have no idea how to solve this one other than buying more ink. This problem has been going on prior to the megenta problem from above.

All of the other three color are printing just fine.

Last edited:

artbot

you may have twisted the damper a bit when positioning it over the head adapter, this can loosen the fittings. tighten up the fittings, pre-rotating the damper to the direction that it will sit before plugging it into the head adapter. and never twist the damper to straighten when plugged into the head adapter, you can easily break off a head adapter nipple that way. those damper can't really be cleaned well. from what i know, most dampers have several layers of micro screen. just because it looks clean, that is just the outside. dampers are a throw away item. i think dx5 dampers cost about $9-$10.

as far as cleaning the waste station lines, most of the clogs will occur directly beneath the capping station. so just cleaning the "line" doesn't get it clean. the line must be detached from the bottom of the capping station. at that point, have some new pump tube in stock, and put a new piece of pump tube.

opelsail

where can I purchase one. Mutoh says they don't sell to the public and the supplier here in Phoenix are not able to understand componet items for the VJ 1614. Is there another source?

Stealth Ryder

a tube is a tube, and a damper is a damper.

Ok, what's you point? The poster ask where to buy parts for his Mutoh Printer and I answered. I honestly could care less where he buys. Just makes sense to me to buy genuine parts for the machine that produces your paycheck. That's just my opinion though and you know what they say about opinions right...

artbot

none of these printers actually have high performance tubing on them. factory tubing is standard grade tubing. because the solvent resistance needed is so low. we aren't printing dichloromethane here. sorry if i offended.

CheapVehicleWrap

Stealth, I think Artbot was referring to the dealer not knowing the difference. Kid's got some good printer knowlegde and always jumps in to help.

henryp

Problem 1: Most likely air leak on that partular ink line, check damper, O-ring, make sure the bronze nuts are secure, tighten by hand only, do not use any tool as this can cause tge O-ring to deform.

Problem 2: Most likely maintenance unit problem, the correct amount of ink is not being pulled from the printhead during cleaning so while the ink count or credit on the smart chip goes down, the corresponding amount of ink has not been drawn from the cartridges. This could be caused by cap unit not sealing properly, blocked waste ink tubes, collapsed tube on peristaltic pump. If your printer is more than a year old and has had a lot use, I suggest you replace the maintenance unit.

opelsail

OK I went to the solventinkonline and loked up dampner for mutoh vj1614, the ones pictured there do not look like the one in the machine...mine has a dual line setup on the supply side, the one pictured are for a single line set up. where do i get one of these?

Stealth Ryder

OK I went to the solventinkonline and loked up dampner for mutoh vj1614, the ones pictured there do not look like the one in the machine...mine has a dual line setup on the supply side, the one pictured are for a single line set up. where do i get one of these?

Again, a Mutoh Dealer... The part number is DG-41543 and it most commonly called a Valve Head rather than Damper...

And yes, to me 43 this is still a kid... Heh Heh Heh

All anyone here is doing is trying to help, at least that was my intention... If anyone is going to dish out advice at least give correct information...

Attachments

• Valve.jpeg
    Valve.jpeg
    138 KB · Views: 208

artbot

@steath ryder.... 42 years old, incorporated since 20, self employed entire life since 12 years old (doing what i do today). i'm not old or young. but i can say "i've been working here for 30 years...."

heh heh heh... goo goo ga ga...

opelsail

OK I will try the dealer Montroy Supply here in Phoenix haven't much luck with there staff as most of them don't even understand the term vinyl. Thanks for your help I will let you know the out come. One other question does anyone know the supply size tubing and also the size of the waste tubing?

opelsail

Just one more thing I have a mutoh falcon 64 that hasn't run in over 1.5 years. Where would you start to bring it back to life?

BadAss

Opelsail.
Randy from the Tempe Mutoh is very knowledgable and is also a member here. Call the office and ask for him, or P.M. him through the forum...M*

jiarby

Montroy doesn't know anything about printers... they just want to sell ink.
Try Kelsey at Plotter Doctors dot com. He is in Glendale and has been to Mutoh training but is really an HP guy. Corey at ReproImage in Chandler may still be doing local service.

Call Randy Anderson and ask for a local dealer referral otherwise.