• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh 1614, Yellow Prints Dark Orange

QuickSignsSA

I did a search and only found an article on the roland versacam. Was wondering if this is true as well for the Mutoh, as far as the sponges. Looked at the sponge, and replaced it, but it is still doing the same thing, I print a PURE yellow box in flexi, and comes out orange. What shall I do now!

Thanks guys... Great way to start the year!

osmasterflex

How did you make your "pure yellow"

Try opening a file and set it to CMYK, make everything 0%, except for the Y, make that 100%. Then try printing it.

osmasterflex

I dont use flexi so im not sure how to do it there. If you use photoshop set it up on there, make a 300dpi resolution file, CMYK, and do it there, save it as a higih resolution JPEG.

QuickSignsSA

HOLY SH!T... This is a magenta cartridge that is labeled YELLOW. I called mutoh, and that was the problem. Man, Mutoh has dropped the ball...

QuickSignsSA

They are just swappping it out... I wasted a TON of ink trying to figure this out... They will call me back, surely to tell me they cant give me any ink to offset my cost of all that lost ink... Well see what Tommy says at Fellers. He's always been good to me, lets see if he comes through this time around :)

Bradster941

HOLY SH!T... This is a magenta cartridge that is labeled YELLOW. I called mutoh, and that was the problem. Man, Mutoh has dropped the ball...

Ouch :doh:

Please let us know what they suggest to clean up the one line !

If they call for a cart clean and refill, they better put some money on the table for the waisted inks, cleaner, and your time...

Color Dude

If they are not providing you cleaning carts, then doing a ink fill or manually pulling it through would be the best way.

If you have cleaning carts then judt flush the system and refill. Thats a sure way to get it all clean.

heyskull

I don't know about you guys but I would be wanting a mutoh tech to sort this out.
Seems to me even after flushing it will take forever to completley get the ink out the pipework.

I would ask for at least 2 full sets of cleaning cartridges and 4 full sets of inks!

They need there ass kicked for this. The down time for you must be a lot!!!

I would kick and scream!!!!!
I suggest you do the same.

SC

Color Dude

You could just remove the contaminated ink lines from the dampers and manually pull the ink through until you get the correct color and then hook the lines back up and perform a powerful cleaning, that will flush the dampers, and you should be good to go.

Jackpine

What Color Dude said. It is not a bad idea to do a head wash once in a while. I do mine when I go away for a few days. It cleans the system from build up.....as per what a tech said. Good luck on getting ink and cleaning cartridges form Mutoh. They should fix their mistake.

QuickSignsSA

Ok, i just spoke to Randy over the phone. I will be forwarding him my printer SN and info so Mutoh America can get this problem rectified.

Biker Scout

Here's an obvious advantage for using 3rd party liter inks that you fill yourself. You can see the ink color you are adding. No surprise cartridges!

But sounds like your printer is under warranty, and they are going to take care of it.

I'm using Mutoh cartridges and I often wonder if they ever get mislabeled. Maybe from now on I'll check the poked hole after I initially insert a new cartridge.

QuickSignsSA

You don not need to check the poked hole. On the bottom of each cartridge, they are labeled with an CKM or Y. That way you can tell if they are Cyan, Black, Magenta or Yellow without actually inserting and puncturing it. This I will do before I leave Fellers every time.

Fellers will sell me the next cartridge for 100 dollars, but than again, this is not Fellers Fault. This is a fault where they were made/produced.

What was funny is that the tech on the phone seemed to know the problem after the third question. He asked me to match the color it was labeled with the letter on the bottom of the cart which is right where the hole is.

Regardless, I believe Randy will help me get through this milestone in my business.

QuickSignsSA

********************UPDATE****************************

I just finished a phone call with Randy from Mutoh America.

Randy is rushing me 4 ink cartridges so I will receive them tomorrow morning!!! How cool is that!

They definitely owned up to the mistake... He said Epson does make the ink, but yet they do the labeling of the ink cartridges. He also told me he will walk me through a re-charge for all the inks, which is wonderful.

Thanks again Randy for your help in resolving this issue.

RANDY YOU ROCK!