• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh 1624 Production speed

Latigo

We've seen the top speed of this unit spec'd as 313 sf/ph, but does anyone know the true production speed? Does it equate in resolution to 1/2 of the top speed for banners etc? Mutoh specs don't seem to show anything other than it's top speed with the lowere resolution.

We've narrowed it down to the Mutoh 1624 and the HP L25500. Monday we make our purchase. Any help with this appreciated.
Thanks

P

Robert M

Pierre

Had the same question from a customer last week. I was told that the information would soon be available. I'll check again and see where it is at. I did see a demo of the 300 SFH on banner and the quakity was very nice.
Mutoh has a trade in program going on for their old printers, are you a current Mutoh owner?

let me know

MachServTech

I used to fight to keep print quality up on my solvent printers. It seems they would print well for a year and then it was a continuous battle. (cleaning, dampers, caps, wipers, pumps etc.)
On the latex printer I really like the zero maintenance. I also don't have to deal with advance banding or nozzle dropout.

The speed is similar, but I think it may be much faster when you account for the wasted prints I used to trash because of print quality issues. Also no wait to laminate.

chrisphilipps

Merchant Member
From my understanding Mutoh has all of these speeds rated internally; they are just waiting on management to give approval to publish them. GRS has been doing our own internal testing on the speeds and while they are not official speeds from Mutoh they do give you an idea of the speed the printer can reach in several different modes. The link below is to a pdf file showing what we have found out so far.

https://www.thegrs.com/ValueJet%20Install%20CD%20Files/documentation/GRS%20Mutoh%20ValueJet%20Print%20Speed%20and%20Mode%20Chart.pdf

Latigo

Thanks for all the help, folks.
We did buy a printer 20 minutes ago. It will be here next wednesday.

Latigo

Latigo

Nope. A L250500 60". Tomorrow is the last day of the HP promotional profram. After that they go back to $16,500.00

P