• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh 1624x Printing problems

shanevibes

Hello, my Mutoh 1624x is not printing as should. I get no nozzle check (only a few cyan lines). I’ve done several cleans, used a syringe at maintenance station etc. I only get some sort of print when I try to print the pallet. See attached file
23E76177-A347-46D4-A48B-E306F8BCCF50.jpeg

Ahmed Samy Nagada

Seems like extremely dirty, properly clean capping station, wiper blade, printhead side plates without touching the head surface. Flush the capping station and make sure it flows perfectly. Run deep cleaning cycle, then most probably it will work perfectly.

rjssigns

Need some answers first.
Was the printer in storage or sitting without use for a long time? If so everything in the ink train is probably clogged/dryed. Time to figure out if it's worth saving. I would say no, since a new Xpert Jet is around 10 grand delivered.

Was the printer in continuous heavy use and did this on the next job? If so it could be the ribbon cables.(not likely)

When cleaning you could have wiggled something loose. Make sure all cables are seated correctly.

Was the printer in continuous use and did this on the next job? If so it could be the head. My 1624x had exactly half the yellow channel die and it needed a head replacement.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
That yellow printing on the right side indicates an electrical issue but I also agree with the guys above that the nozzles also seem to be badly clogged. The cyan seems to be deflecting pretty badly as well. You could try doing some head soaks, and/or manually flush the head with a syringe but that looks like it's going to need a new one unfortunately. Probably needs head cables and a maintenance station as well.

shanevibes

Thanks for the replys. I just purchased a set of cable and captop (from solventinkjet) since the maintenance station was recently replaced. I will also be changing the dampers and O rings etc.