• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh 628 error ID-85

Racegrafix

I did get the one that looks oem, so we will see.

As far as replacing whole station, wouldnt the only different be the lines? Ive already removed lines, cleaned, tested good, then replaced with new after no change.

You guys are awesome with your advice, rare these days with anything.

unmateria

I usually tought that years ago... But, there are more things... Wiper gears in the pump break and wiper doesnt extend completely, silicone tubes become soft and they stretch themself instead of making negative pressure in the cap... And the most important, the metal finally bends and its difficult to make it work like a new one. I have done all that many times and now i always dismantle the non working one, fix all, and if it still doesnt suck, i replace it... And works always lol most problems.on this machines are caused for an unhealthy cleaning station, unreplaced wipers, silicone tubes (specially with some inks) etc. I always buy the aftermarket ones and all work perfect. There are different models... Last time i bought the cheaper one and still working for years taking care of it... Cleaning the wiper every day and replacing when is not perfect and sucking cleaning liquid (no alcohol/isopropil etc) from the cap (sucking from the pump) when u see the colours mixed in the cap.

No problem with the help hahaha i like to do it... I really know how do you feel with the machine right now and are no beautiful moments hahaha thiese mutohs are easy to mantain and have partes, but they have lots of minor tricks where u can save or break the machine more, like any other machine... At least this ones are fast and easy to dissasemble, not like hps/Epson. I have thrown to the bin like 3 hps and 2 or 3 epsons just for the bad thinked they are for maintenance... Tired of mantain them and tired of their stupid sensors, plastics and number of pieces and different screws lol mutohs are A-B-C... Looks like designed from people that have to use them

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Put ink with a syringe in cap borders just to test if its the cap or the complete station. I usually dissasemble all station because sometimes tubes get broken inside since are silicon instead of teflon. Anyway I usually replace full station (not original) instead of only the cap.
The station on this machine is more like a Mimaki or Roland. The cap and pump are separate and it uses a diaphragm pump instead of peristaltic so the tubes should theoretically never break. A welcome improvement!

Racegrafix

Installed generic cap and its pulling ink without issue. The mutoh cap was inferior, it never even saw ink and was bad.

So for anyone out there in question, buy the generic for $20 instead of the mutoh for $120

And I cannot thank you guys enough for chiming in with help, thats a huge deal.