• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh End of Roll message

FTG

Im printing banner on our Mutoh valu jet and about a foot into the print I keep getting the "End of Roll" message. Theres only about 15 feet left on the roll. I've tried printing directly off the roll and unrolling it a few feet so it will feed easier and niether is working. Any ideas?

heyskull

This is the sensor on the rear being to sensitive.
Can sometimes be the branding on the liner causing this.
Just cover it over mine has for 4 years.
Just never let the stock run out!!!!!

SC

tsgstl

Cover the sensor light with a piece of transfer tape.
Remember though with this covered it won't know when the end is actually there so you will have to watch it.

signworldusinc

Merchant Member
Sometimes when our roll length is 50"+, we get these errors as well when it gets near to the end of the roll. Our printer operators would roll the media in the back so that there is a good bit of slack hanging just above the ground behind the printer. This usually solves most of our end of roll messages; if that did not work for you, it's most likely a sensor issue as others have suggested.

Regards,
Signworld Team

OlsonSigns601

We do the same thing covering up the sensor.

We do the same thing on a 4" roll that we cut off a 54"

Question I have, is what happens when the roll actually runs out? Does it continue to print?

FTG

Thanks for the input, I covered the sensor after it did it the second time, also tried unrolling the media but that didn't work. I was looking for more of a long term fix but covering the sensor is easy enough and it isnt hard to check the media. Thanks!