• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh Equipment

Steve M

I have a 10 year old Mutoh Kona Cutter. Works great. The only issue is that Mutoh will not provide me with a Win11 driver. So if you plan on buying equipment, I would think twice about the Mutoh. They orphan equipment. If I needed a driver for a Graphtec, I could get one for a twenty year old machine. See the difference in Customer service? Purchase wisely!

Joe House

Hi Steve,
Not to throw Graphtec under the bus, but all manufacturers orphan equipment at some point. A 20 year old plotter is going to be using a serial port or a parallel port to communicate with and there are no drivers for those, only protocols. Looking back at the oldest Graphtec I can find on their driver page, the FC5100 its drivers are only supporting up to Windows 8. Even their newest - FC9000 only has drivers advertised as working with up to Windows 10.
So, really, if you plan on buying a new computer, check out the equipment that you need to drive from it and purchase wisely.

netsol

I have a 10 year old Mutoh Kona Cutter. Works great. The only issue is that Mutoh will not provide me with a Win11 driver. So if you plan on buying equipment, I would think twice about the Mutoh. They orphan equipment. If I needed a driver for a Graphtec, I could get one for a twenty year old machine. See the difference in Customer service? Purchase 11 system to windows 10.

Revert that windows 11.pc to windows 10

I seem to remember reading that they would not guarantee compatability with hardware more than 2 years old. Windows 11 is the proverbial solution, desperately in search of a problem.

chrisphilipps

Merchant Member
The Kona cutters were discontinued by Mutoh somewhere between 2012 and 2013, so it has been about 10 years. Most manufacturers don't write drivers for new a OS on discontinued equipment. Mutoh only has drivers certified to run on Windows 7 and Windows 8 for it. You can get it to run on Windows 10 for sure by disabling driver signature enforcement. I haven't tested it on Windows 11 so I am not sure if that will work.