• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

mutoh falcon jr

elsignshop

need help in changing the print head fuse . i replaced both blk and color heads and it wont print anything. i pulled ink thro lines and dampers. but tryd to do about 8 test prints and still nothing. i live in douglas, ga (south georgia) im willing to drive a couple hours and pay to a mutoh tech or just someone that knows how to change there mutoh head fuse. i rather just see someone do it for the first time and then after that ill just do my own. dont want to mess it up. :thankyou: , daniel

Knep

If you do a forum search, there are some AWESOME tutorials on this, and a cheaper way to replace them, that makes it easier to change out int he future if needed! Do a search for Mutoh Head Fuse...

elsignshop

thanks alot just found alot of threads to fix it. im gonna go to radio shack and buy a fuse holder and new fuses and see if that works.

ahollow

before removing and replacing the fuses, at least run a simple continuity test to see if they are really blown out.

ahollow

Use a volt-ohmmeter, or a test light. Make sure the power is off, and the plug disconnected. Measuring across the resistors, you should have no resistance reading. With the test light, the light should go on.

If you've never used either, use Google to search for testing for open circuits.

elsignshop

i tryd it with the volt-ohmmeter and i set it so that it beeps if the fuse is good and the volt-ohmmeter beeps. i try both of them. so im guess the fuses are good.
so now i have to figure out why wont it print anything:banghead:. any suggestions anyone???????
i have changed both print heads. i have pulled ink thru the dampers. the capping station is clean and not clogged. the pump works. i did put the head ranking in. so did i miss anything????