• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh Falcon Outdoor 62 Incorrect Print Size

mharrison

I have just started having this problem. When I print a 4' x 8' print using Production manager and Flexi 8.5 the print will come out 1" short in length but ok in the width. I have just printed a 20' banner with 1.5" hem all the way around that made the over all size 243"L x 27"W. The banner came out after banner was made only 239". Its 1" short again. Would anyone know of a setting within flexi that may have to deal with this problem? We have always measured everything and has been right on untill last couple of prints. Any help would be appreciated.

Martin

randya

It sounds like your media feed may be off, but that is less than 1/2%, so it may actually be in spec for the machine....

Flexi has media compensation,it is called Output Size Compensation under Setup in 8.1

mharrison

If it's the media feed, would it just start printing off dimension? It has been right on untill last two prints.

mharrison

The last two prints were (1) on 3640 oracal (1) zeelon 13oz banner. If media feed was bad I would think that a 8' print would have a different off amount than a 20' print. Both are 1" off. Thats whats got me. At 20' the media feed difference would be greater than a print of 8'. Thanks again for all comments.

Martin

randya

Sorry, I didnt grasp the scope.
This does NOT sound like media feed.

I dont see anything in the printer that would be this accurate (1 inch regardless of length).

I am assuming that none of the image is clipped?

You may test, print a square image almost as wide as the media,
Rotate the image in the rip (not the design part, but in the Production Manager) and print again.

Measure and see if there is any difference.

The other thing I might recommend, is that you rip a small file that measures 1 inch short to FILE.

And see if you can find another 62 user to print out that ripped file and measure it.

If the file prints short for them, then it is the RIP, if it prints normal for them then it is the printer.

Once the file is ripped, it can actually be sent to the printer with an FTP program.
There is one here: http://www2.mutoh.com/public/TestImagesrtl/
Called SendTCP

Compilla

Would anyone know of a setting within flexi that may have to deal with this problem?

Martin

Your printer it is printer shorter, the longer the shorter it gets.

This might help:

Output Size Compensation allows the production manager to compensate for size variables that cannot be controlled by the user. These variables are different media types, thicknesses of material, shrinkage & expansion due to heat etc.

http://www.signwarehouse.com/tech-support/pdfs/OSC.pdf