• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh Help

Graphicdetailsinc

new to ink jet printing, but im having some trouble with our falcon outdoor

when i run a cleaning cycle, nothing is coming out of the waste lines.
when i firt got the machine one of the lines to the waste was severed and the nozzle check had lots of streaks.

If theres any mutoh gurus out there i could have call me or i could call to just pick your brain for about 10 minutes i would be VERY GREATFULL!!

thanks

Josh

Cy Fan

Did you cheak the waste lines to make sure that they are in good shape.

I would first check that make sure that the print head is docking with the capping station properly.

Then, often times the tubbing gets off track in the pump and the gears eats up the waste line tubbing. So check that.

Jackpine

new to ink jet printing, but im having some trouble with our falcon outdoor

when i run a cleaning cycle, nothing is coming out of the waste lines.
when i firt got the machine one of the lines to the waste was severed and the nozzle check had lots of streaks.

If theres any mutoh gurus out there i could have call me or i could call to just pick your brain for about 10 minutes i would be VERY GREATFULL!!

thanks

Josh
you have a PM

Graphicdetailsinc

Still Nothing...

I filled the waste lines with cleanin fluid and pulled a draw on them to create a "prime" and ran a cleaning cycle. It spit out the cleaning fluid but after that im back to nothing again.

How can u tell if your out of ink??

oh and when i do a nozzle check im missing most everything but the light cyan light magenta and a tad of yellow.
The black ect isnt showing but maybe 1 or 2 lines

Cy Fan

It sounds like the heads are not docking on the capping station correctly. When the head is docked can you draw ink through the waste lines with a syringe? If you're getting just air the seal around the capping station has gone bad. This is pretty common, and you can get a new one at cmykparts.com

When the printer is off you should be able to take the ink cartrige out and shake it to see if there is any ink in there, and there should be a message if there is a color is running low or out.

Graphicdetailsinc

Images

Images of capping station / nozzel check

Let me know if my hoses are even run in the right direction

Thanks

Josh

Attachments

• Top.JPG
    Top.JPG
    467.9 KB · Views: 117
  • Face.JPG
    Face.JPG
    436.6 KB · Views: 104
  • ozzel.jpg
    ozzel.jpg
    6.1 KB · Views: 88

Cy Fan

hoses all look to be in the right place.

If you have a syringe hook it up the the waste lines after it leaves the pump but before the gets the the waste bottle. Move the print head to the capping station, and see if you can draw ink throught the lines with the syringe.

Graphics2u

looks like in the second picture there is a puddle of ink around the bottom of th pump assembly. This could be a sign that the hoses are split inside the pump especially since those white hoses were the first ones they used and I have been told they don't hold up to the solvent well.

If you can get a short piece of hose, try to connect it right where the white hoses connect to the capping station and then try to pull ink through the head there. That way you are bypassing the pump and that will tell you if the pump hoses might be split.

Graphicdetailsinc

update

the hose on the right side was split when i got the machine, i re-ran it and did the suction like you said, it pulled alot of air befor i finally got ink. i re-ran a nozzle check and it looked 100% better.

However my syrenge is not holding a vacuum, i ended up sucking on the hose to finally get a prime. moved alot of air, with very little resistance.

now im doing some test prints and the ink seems to still have solvents in it, because even after it has sat for 5-10 minutes i can smear it right off the vinyl and or paper. and it is cracking. Ill try and upload some pics soon

Thanks

Josh

MobileImpact

what ink are you running? the white lines on the pump are for the old ink. If your running the ultra inks, I think your supposed to have clear lines on the pump? ( the last two I replaced had clear lines, not sure if that matters or not).

Kevin