• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh Ink Smart Card Valuesjet - Message to Mutoh

WrapFactory

Buy a junk roland and sell me your mutoh cheap! I will add another one, we are currently running two valuejets around the clock and have had no issues at all.

300mphGraphics

It is because of Randy Rickert, though, that I am here on Signs 101 giving out free help on company time, Randy really is customer oriented and a great guy to work for.
Brilliant customer service. Actually would have me leaning toward a Mutoh purchase, if outsourcing prints wasn't cheaper/better for me. One of these days though..

rbadillo

Today i have the same problem. On the middle of a work my Mutoh 1204 stop printing and display M color is empty.I take off the cartridge and see that the cartridge have about 30% of ink. When i insert the cartridge again the printer display "Not Original".Is possible to reset the cartridge using the screen setting of the printer!!!!

Stealth Ryder

Did we all forget 3rd grade grammer in this thread... Alot of this thread makes absolutely NO sense... Thanks for helping this guy Randy, you went above and beyond with this person in my opinion...

jiarby

I think it measures ink based on pump cycles not by reading anything on the cartridge. The smart card has no idea how much ink is actually in in the cartridge, other than it started with 220ml and ran xxxx pump cycles... Your mileage may vary depending on types of jobs, resolution, dot size, etc. Call your ink supplier and get a replacement smart card and you can use the remaining 30%.

We like to keep a spare set of ink (or two) on the shelf in case this happens so we do not lose a day of printing because I do not have a backup. I have had this happen to me one time in 3 years with my 1604. I popped in my spare and everything was fine. I called Fellers and they sent me a replacement card which worked fine.

canyboy

Hello,
I have a mutoh valuejet 1604, and we just replace the motherboard, but we are having problems to print, It seems we installed a newer version of firmware, and that´s the problem, what can I do?, please reply, thanks.
Luis