• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh Parts

Cy Fan

I don't know how common this is but it seems that I keep breaking the plastic flanges on the feed reel of my Falcon Outdoor.

I was wondering if others were having this problem and where you order replacements. I called GEI Calgraph but they wanted my first born child for one of them. and I tried to super glue them back together with no luck. Any ideas?:thankyou:

Attachments

• flang.jpg
    flang.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 176

Steve C.

I didn't see any flanges there.
Here's the cheap way out. Mine brook the first week and I can't remember
what they wanted for them, but it was outragious.
This is a bad photo, but these are the spools that come in some vinyl rolls and
ap tape. they are just a tad too small to fit over the poll, so, I cut away the
ribs around the center hole, then made 4 cuts at 90 degrees apart around the
center cylinder. It will spread just enough to hold pretty tight to the poll. Only
problem is you have to manually line up the edge of your media with the hole
in the pole where the leading flange fits.

Attachments

• spools.jpg
    spools.jpg
    293 KB · Views: 118

Jackpine

When I got my Mutoh from SSK the Falcon Jr's were shipped with lighter weight flanges. Mine broke within 3 months. I taped them, glued them and nothing worked very long. Mutoh knew about this problem as I was told by SSK techs and sales staff. At the time, Mutoh was replacing them at NO CHARGE, if you can believe that, for printers still in warranty. I got a replacement set from Mutoh with the help from the Tech Guys at SSK. The heavier duty flanges were shipped with the 48" and larger printers. Try Mutoh direct or www.cmykparts.com.
I don't know how common this is but it seems that I keep breaking the plastic flanges on the feed reel of my Falcon Outdoor.

I was wondering if others were having this problem and where you order replacements. I called GEI Calgraph but they wanted my first born child for one of them. and I tried to super glue them back together with no luck. Any ideas?:thankyou:

Cy Fan

does $87 seem about right for one of those heavy duty ones. That seems a little high for a little piece of plastic to me, but what do I know.