• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

mutoh printer help please

Flame

I'd say it's a 95% chance you broke one of your waste feed lines. Look in and around your capping station and see if one of your lines is broken. If you can't see anything, do a couple cleanings and watch your two small waste feed lines. If they aren't pumping ink, then you have one of your lines busted (happens all the time).

If it's under warranty, get a authorized tech out to replace the line and capping station. if it's not, then you gotta order one. If possible, ask for one from one of Mutohs full solvent printers, as their lines are apparently stronger and won't break like they will on the Mutoh eco-sols.

conley

i checked that and it wasnt it.. also i tried cleaning it and nothing also (tried many times)... and when i run a nozzel check i get green where yellow is supposed to be any ideas?

ChicagoGraphics

Conley, Is one of your colours almost empty? We don't have a Mutoh, but our Mimaki printer did something to that effect, only with the cyan was printing dk. blue, we changed the cart and the problem was solved.

Jackpine

Conley, Is one of your colours almost empty? We don't have a Mutoh, but our Mimaki printer did something to that effect, only with the cyan was printing dk. blue, we changed the cart and the problem was solved.

Sounds like a possible solution. Your printer should have a message as a color gets low.

conley

it did get low i put new inks ion tryed to get cleared out but now the colors are cross contaminated i believe, now im am trying to get them back to there regular lines

ahollow

Using the Control Panel settings, do 2 Powerful Color cleanings, one after the other. I had the same experience, and that fixed it.

conley

ive done that too... when i took the black cover off the head i can see that the little white cartridges look off the third one in is half full of magenta and the 4th one from the right is filled with magenta and i believe that should have yellow

Flame

Your pump is going then (if you are SURE it isn't the lines). What it's doing is causing a reverse vacuum, sucking some of the other colors into each other (in this case... probably cyan into yellow).

Check 'da pump!

Derf

If your not able to print a color it is because of one of the following reasons.

1) you are out of ink ( I'm sure you checked)
2) your Ink feed line is cracked or broken (Most Likley)
3) your damper is clogged or broken ( I don't think so but you never know)
4) your Yellow nozzle is clogged in your print head (likley)

any part after the print head ( Such as Pump, Capping station, Drain hoses) will not effect the weather you can print or not. HOWEVER if any of those parts go out then they will cause the head to clog.

I have run my printer with out the pump, capping station even in the printer... however that was situation where I was repairing the printer and testing parts but I have gone almost 2 weeks with out a pump one time, I just had to swab out my capping station ever few hours. I do not recommend doing that unless your in a situation where you just have to and your waiting for parts.

My guess is that your ink feed line from your cart to you damper is cracked or your yellow nozzle is clogged..

Do a nozzle check and if some yellow prints then your head is clogged.. if no yellow is printing then you got an air leak in you line some ware ( Before the head) and if you don't fix it soon your going to get a clogged head.

ahollow

First, do a test print to be sure. If magenta is printing in the yellow position, then you know your lines are back-syphoning.

If that's the case, and rather than using the Powerful clean 5 or 6 times, carefully disconnect the damper from the head and using a syringe, syphon from the damper. This will pull the ink from the cartridge. Do this until you have fresh ink in the damper. If it doesn't pull up ink, the line is bad to the cartridge.

Here's the theory to help follow Derf's comments:

ink-flow.jpg

conley

where do you guys buy parts ? i need the little white plastic piece on top the head that hoplds mag, yellow