• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh Service Tech near east KY/TN?

oncewild

Looking for a service tech for a mutoh 1324. Head not firing. I've changed head with def working head. Changed head cables. Have checked all 3 fuses on main board and 1 fuse on head carriage board. I'm tired of fighting with it. Anyone available from Knoxville to Lexington?

dudeinthemoon

Looking for a service tech for a mutoh 1324. Head not firing. I've changed head with def working head. Changed head cables. Have checked all 3 fuses on main board and 1 fuse on head carriage board. I'm tired of fighting with it. Anyone available from Knoxville to Lexington?
Did you check the encoder strip and its sensor?

oncewild

I swapped mainboard with my primary printer and that resolved the problem. I’m sending the mainboard off for repair service. It’s about 1/4 cost of new board and it’s fix or refund policy

dudeinthemoon

I’m new here, but if you need somebody who knows soldering and familiar with those printers you could try me.
Regarding this logic board problem my opinion is there was a leak somewhere near the printhead, from the dampers or its connections and then 42v line was shorted to ground which cause the board malfunction. And now there is two or more blown transistors, and few diodes and resistors. It is a very common problem with inkjet printers and I have experience with repairing logic boards.

oncewild

I’m new here, but if you need somebody who knows soldering and familiar with those printers you could try me.
Regarding this logic board problem my opinion is there was a leak somewhere near the printhead, from the dampers or its connections and then 42v line was shorted to ground which cause the board malfunction. And now there is two or more blown transistors, and few diodes and resistors. It is a very common problem with inkjet printers and I have experience with repairing logic boards.
I’m def keeping you in mind. I’m actually looking at buying used printers and refurb them to resale. I’m sure I’ll need a board worked on