• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh USB Cutter and mouse conflict

Graphics2u

I've got a SC1400-D Cutter which is a USB Connection and I've always had a little problem with my USB mouse freezing up when using the cutter. not too often but once in a while.

Well recently it's gotten worse for some reason. when it happens I have to unplug the mouse and plug it back in and it's fine for a while. Sometimes now it will do it every 30 seconds for a couple minutes.

Only happens when my cutter is cutting, never when it's just on and not cutting.

Tried 3 different mice and one was a PS2 mouse also and still would do it. Running Flexi.

Any thoughts????

randya

The 1400 is not actually a USB device, it is a serial device that happens to use a usb connector.

There is actually a serial driver and a usb driver that installs to operate.

You might try uninstalling these and reinstalling, but first I would delete the mouse usb driver and let if reinstall.

HaroldDesign

randya has it right. After re-installing the two drivers, re-name your COM port in the device manager to coincide with what is set in your application settings. Be sure to direct the installer to the files on the install disc so it doesn't look to the same directory as the old ones.