• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh V J 1604 dies over flushing sponge

oldog

Hello; everyone never posted on your site before,but I view it now and then and I think its real nice! I got a sick VJ 1604 the thing always dies over the right hand side flushing sponge.then get the error code cr 74 or 72 currant can't remimber off hand whitch it is (sorry) it's been several days! right now the machine is in COMA mode.Anybody know about this?:banghead:

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
I ran into something similar to this on my 1304.
The gears in the maintenance station started to slip and the wiper would not pull all the way out - so it would stop in the middle of a head wipe with an error and have to be shut down.
New maintenance station fixed it. The old one was less than 9 months old.
I don't know how to recover a printer from a coma but one of the mutoh tech regulars should chime in shortly.

wayne k
guam usa

ProWraps

if its a wiper sensor error, replace the maintenance station. i just replaced mine today in one of my 1304's.

if its a current error, check for obstructions in the carriage motor which can include the maintenance station.

the printers are pretty damn simple, maintenance station, carriage assy, chassis, and drive assembly.

chances are its the maintenance assy, or the drive assy.

gzolee

same problem

I just swap my maintance station and the printer is freezing and if i restart it goes to this coma anybody knows something about it please help

HaroldDesign

Hello; everyone never posted on your site before,but I view it now and then and I think its real nice! I got a sick VJ 1604 the thing always dies over the right hand side flushing sponge.then get the error code cr 74 or 72 currant can't remimber off hand whitch it is (sorry) it's been several days! right now the machine is in COMA mode.Anybody know about this?:banghead:

I don't know the name of it, but the bracket with the black thing on a spring can end up bent or move out of position enough to cause that error. Make sure it is straight up and down, or at least "look" right.

oldog

Hey thanks for all the suggestions so far.Here is a little more information about my 1604.I have checked the black carrage spring loaded stop and the carrage is NOT hitting it.I have manually moved the carrage back and forth across the printer and it does NOT bind up in any place that I can feel ,the tension/resistance stays equal from side to side.I have cleaned the fence and optical sensor several times, did NOT see any dirt on the cloth any of the times.I have removed the fence and inspected it with a magnifing glass and I did NOT see any problems with any of the little hash marks ,they look perfect to me. When it dies it is DIRECTLY over the flushing sponge.I then have to shut down the power and manualy move the carrage back to the capping station or power back up and the carrage will move back to the capping station then it will automaticaly do a cleaning cycle then media initialization then back to the capping station then over to the flushing sponge where it will fall back into a coma! It seams that when the print head is supposed to perfome the misting over the flushing sponge it just locks up and the error code flashes. Also in the past I have noticed that while printing, the head would gradually start staying over the flushing sponge longer and longer and usually ending up frozen over the flushing sponge. Thanks it's a real head scratcher!

ProWraps

your post probably has lots of useful information about your situation, but without punctuation and line breaks, i cant help you.

HaroldDesign

It actually SHOULD make a click noise when going over the black carriage spring coming from the left (from center of printer if you're standing in front of it), and have to be pushed down with your finger to bring it back out from the capping station. Bend that bracket, & or pivot that black nip on it's rivet if you have to. It should "click" sound moving in, and need to be depressed to move out.

oldog

Again ,thanks for the feedback. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ GAC05 Thanks,I checked and it doesn't look like my wipper is malfunctioning. The printhead makes it past that stage and only gets frozen over the flushing sponge nearest to the capping station. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Pro Wraps Thanks, Sorry for my sloppiness.It must have something to do with lead paint dust,ADD.Or the geographic area that I grew up in.No wander I'm having problems right ha ha. P.S. I know its probable the murcury from all those lamps I broke trying to service some poor guys sign in the past 20 years? ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Harold Design Thanks,My capping station catch does click when coming from the left .It does have to manually be pushed down to allow the carrage to move back out.I think the main clue is that the print head is always directly over the flushing sponge when the freeze happens. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Arstron Thanks,The error code is (EO 74 CR2 Current) .

oldog

Error code (EO74 cr2 current) on my VJ1604

Hello I'm trying to figure this one out but I sure could use some help! I posted about this problem before ,back on 10-11-2010 titled (VJ1604 dies over flushing sponge) . It seems to me that a clue to trouble shooting mine is that the carrage always dies directly over the right hand side flushing sponge . I have tried several things , most of them I mentioned in the replies to that old post. The printer can't be used like it is . Every time you turn it on, it initializes , the carrage then goes back to the capping station like it should, but when you try to print or even do a nozzle check the pump will pump, the carrage will move over and the wipper will wipe the head, the carrage goes back over the capping station, then moves over the flushing sponge and thats it!! code pops up . after the code pops up, you can turn off the power and manually move the carrage back to the capping station. Then turn the power back on only to have the same thing happen over and over again. If you don't move the carrage manually back to the capping station and turn the power back on the carrage will move itself back over the capping station and automatically do a head clean cycle. This head clean cycle and a little print head soaking that I do is the only activity that the print head has been getting for over a month you know thats not good ! Thanks to the folks that replied to my post last time and for those that reply this time.

Compilla

Hello I'm trying to figure this one out but I sure could use some help! I posted about this problem before ,back on 10-11-2010 titled (VJ1604 dies over flushing sponge) . It seems to me that a clue to trouble shooting mine is that the carrage always dies directly over the right hand side flushing sponge . I have tried several things , most of them I mentioned in the replies to that old post. The printer can't be used like it is . Every time you turn it on, it initializes , the carrage then goes back to the capping station like it should, but when you try to print or even do a nozzle check the pump will pump, the carrage will move over and the wipper will wipe the head, the carrage goes back over the capping station, then moves over the flushing sponge and thats it!! code pops up . after the code pops up, you can turn off the power and manually move the carrage back to the capping station. Then turn the power back on only to have the same thing happen over and over again. If you don't move the carrage manually back to the capping station and turn the power back on the carrage will move itself back over the capping station and automatically do a head clean cycle. This head clean cycle and a little print head soaking that I do is the only activity that the print head has been getting for over a month you know thats not good ! Thanks to the folks that replied to my post last time and for those that reply this time.

Sounds like a mother board issue

jc1cell

Not sure if you're still dealing with this, but it seems to me that your issues start when the print head is supposed to start doing it's thing - spitting out ink.

jc

alias1

mine seems to be experiencing the same thing. Stripped her naked and examined all boards.. found that my heater relay board had encountered some moisture damage in the past which finally corroded some diodes and other delicate bits. Not sure if it helps you.. cheers:southafrica: