• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh value jet 1324 ink and pump error and issues

altereddezignz

So finally got software today and did a year print. Well yellow did not print. Well then we got a lifetime pump error. So we thought maybe that the ink was not in the head so we did an ink refill. Well half way though the ink refill the error light came on but never gave an error. When the ink refill process was done I noticed that it looked as if it had pulled ink out of the head into the yellow tubes. My yellow tubes are about up to the y with magenta ink? This was purchased used and was working box it was in a print shop. It set for about 3 months before we got it and then about another 2 weeks when we built a new building. Can anyone help? We tried installing a mutoh cleaning solvent Carthage but it gave a s/c error. So we replaced it with a new yellow Carthage but it's like it won't push in into the head. Prints cyan and black and magenta good but missing yellow. I was told to buy a maintenance kit from mutoh and change it out but wasn't for sure about another 700$.

Any help would be great. Thanks

heyskull

I have read your post three times now and think I can roughly work out what your saying.
Could you post a picture of the nozzle test?

You can reset the lifetimes for the pump, head and maintenance station in the service menus but I do not think this is part of your problem. But maybe a good thing to reset.
If after a refill their is yellow ink showing on the pump side it should print, even a lot of he yellow nozzles are blocked.
Personally I regard ink refills as an expensive waste of ink.
What does "My yellow tubes are about up to the y with magenta ink?"?

During its periods of inactivity was the machine left plugged in and in sleep mode?

How old is the head and cables?
Also when was the maintenance station last replaced?

SC

altereddezignz

The machine is about 3 years old and. Itching has ever been replaced other than ink and cross cut blade as far as I am told. The machine was unplugged and places in a corner. The company shut down so it set un used for about about 6 months. I was able to get ahold of the old business owner after I posted the original thread.

The he maintinance kit has never been replaced.

There are 8 ink tubes that come out of my ink head. There is 2 tubes for each color bc about 8 inches before the ink head the tubes come to a Y and split then go into the head.

I I ran the ink refill hoping that there was just no ink all the way to the head and when the ink refill was done there was about 4 inches of magenta looking ink in the tubes from the ink head where there should only be yellow ink.

Basically there is is the ink head then about 4 inches of magenta colored ink then no ink for about 5 inches then yellow ink. I'll take a picture when I get to work.

altereddezignz

The one I have my finger on should be yellow only and was all yellow until I started the ink refill

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 369

altereddezignz

Ok from what i am told by mutoh here is the deal.
Apparently it is common for the magenta to flow back into the yellow tubes when the valves are opened in the back and allow the ink to flow. Now i guess this cleared any blockage that i had inside the damper. Well now that we pulled all the lines off the yellow and ran cleaner through them and reinstalled all of them we have working yellow now.

Well now i have no cyan. I have ink to the head but nothing will print. I created a 24 tall and 50" wide and let it run on a solid fill of cyan but didnt work.

Any ideas on this one since there is no way to run cleaner backwards through the head and ink will not flow backwards like it does with the magenta and yellow on the cyan.

heyskull

Replace the maintenance station.
This has to be the first thing you do.

Also make sure around the print head is clean as dried ink and debris can affect the seal.

By the looks it is not sealing properly or the head is touching something in the cap and is wicking.
This causes the inks to mix.
Once changed do a few strong cleans, do not do any more refills as it just wastes ink and is not the issue.

When you have changed the maintenance station this should stop the leak and the mixing of colours.
I would be shocked if the printer still has no blocked nozzles, 6 months is too long to have the machine inactive unless flushed with the cleaning cartridges.

SC

altereddezignz

Replace the maintenance station.
This has to be the first thing you do.

Also make sure around the print head is clean as dried ink and debris can affect the seal
Spent about 2 hours claing all the areas i could get to and reading online to make sure i got all the spots i needed to.

By the looks it is not sealing properly or the head is touching something in the cap and is wicking.
This causes the inks to mix.
Was informed by a Mutoh tech that the ink on the yellow and magenta were known for mixing back into the other tubes. Normally is is the magenta in the yellow tube so they said this is not uncommon when the ink lines are taken off at the in cartridge end.

Once changed do a few strong cleans, do not do any more refills as it just wastes ink and is not the issue.
We have ran strong, Short, Long cleanings, Little Charge and Ink refill just to make sure. We replaced all the ink cartriages with new ones.

When you have changed the maintenance station this should stop the leak and the mixing of colours.
I would be shocked if the printer still has no blocked nozzles, 6 months is too long to have the machine inactive unless flushed with the cleaning cartridges.
We were not in control of how long it set. When the other company went out of business they just rolled it in the back and left it. Now with that being said after we cleaned the yellow lines out we were about to print nice clean yellow. We printed about 4 blocks 5x5 size just to make sure. I then tried to print all for of the CYMK colors about 5 hours later as i was doing other things and it printed black and magenta perfect. The yellow printed about hald way and faded out and the cyan only printed little lines at first then faded out to nothing.

I have now done a 12 hour head soak and more cleaning but no change. I know i am getting ink when doing a cleaning or little charge b/c i can see it move through the waste tube since it is clear but i cannot tell what colors it is.

I was also told i could run an endurance on the pump and close off all colors of ink except for the cyan to try and make it pull but when i start the pump in endurance it removed the head from the cap and runs the pump open so there is no way for it to create a vacuum on the head to pull ink..

SC

Message above in red.
Thanks