• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh Valuecut Double Lines When Contour Cutting

Joshua Barnes

I'm fairly new to this machine, so I've been googling a lot of stuff to learn it. Have the basics down, and everything is fine when I just do a standard cut, but when I do a contour cut, I get double lines. I've already checked to make sure that it's set to single pass, which it is, but it cuts the outline of my sticker, then cuts again just a sliver outside of the original line. This leaves a thin string of cut material around everything I cut. Does anyone know what causes this? I'm sure it's just some checkbox that needs to be toggled.

jcskikus

Owner, Designer & Installer
Guaranteed there's a double contour cut in the layers. Make sure the contour cut line is .25pt and search for another buried in the art.

Grizzly

It’s all about your print!
One thing to try, make sure the stroke line is on the center of the line. If you put the stroke on the inside or outside, some rips will read that as a double line. Onyx does that and it expands the stroke and cuts both lines.