• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh Valuejet 1204 printhead not firing

socalsigns13

The ink is traveling through the print head during the cleaning process and I have cleaned it multiple times, head soak, ink charge from the self diagnosis menu. Yet when I attempt a nozzle check it is not placing ink on the media. It seems as if it is not priming on the spittoon pad. I checked the fuses with a tester and all tested as good. I was printing last week fine. Came in on Saturday and the issue started. Are there fuses somewhere else that can cause a possible short?

heyskull

The fuse on the main board is very very small and a pain to replace it may have blown and is only showing it is working due to a return circuit.

But realise that the fuse has blown for a reason and it is there to protect the main board so something is not right.
You probably have a faulty head cable, print head or both!!!
If the head and cable are over four years old, regardless of how much it has printed it is due for replacement.

SC

Kollman32

I need to test my head fuses. What board are they located on? Looks like the CR board doesn't have any fuses on it. How do I access the main board?? Mutoh 1204 as well.

chrisphilipps

Merchant Member
The mother board is located behind the panel in the attached picture on the left side of the printer. The F2 Fuse is the one you have to check and it is located behind the large black heat sink on the top right of the board. You will have to remove the board from the printer to check this fuse.

Attachments

• VJ-12xx and 13xx Main Board.jpg
    VJ-12xx and 13xx Main Board.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 381

Kollman32

The mother board is located behind the panel in the attached picture on the left side of the printer. The F2 Fuse is the one you have to check and it is located behind the large black heat sink on the top right of the board. You will have to remove the board from the printer to check this fuse.

Perfect--thanks for your help and insight! I don't know why, but the "technical manual" isn't really technical or it was wrote by someone who doesn't dumb it down just a little. Engineers......:Big Laugh