• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh ValueJet 1604 communication error

Autotransmutado

Hi everyone!

I'm working on a Mutoh ValueJet1604, firmware 1.19. I'm using "MUTOH Maintenance Engineer Assistant(v1.09)" on it to get "Parameter Receive". Mutoh is in "Board Manager Mode" waiting for commands. Then, there is a comunication error as you can see at the picture below:

attachment.php

Display shows: data timeout / transfer failed.

I'm working on Windows 7 Professional. Ping is done and there is communication between my laptop and printer. 2 ethernet cables have been tested.

I would be very appreciated any kind of help.

Thank you in advance!

Attachments

• data timeout transfer failed.jpg
    data timeout transfer failed.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 646

heyskull

Does the printer communicate/print from a RIP programme correctly?
If it does why do you want to update the firmware??
Every problem that I had with my 1604 that was supposed to be remedied with the latest firmware did not work.
Personally the firmware updates are only used by the manufacturers of the machine to lock you into using only original inks.
Try to get a detailed list from Mutoh to why it would be advantageous and in YOUR benefit to switch to the latest firmware and I think you will find them struggling to reply.

If you are having other problems I may be able to help without altering the firmware version.

SC

Slimoff

First - disable antivirus and windows firewall.
Or try to connect from WinXP PC.
This program uses old protocol of connection that is blocked by firewall.

h82loose

does the printer currently work or did it wipe the old firmware out? if it wiped the old and won't let you install the new firmware, it is probably the dip switch.

If VJ-1204 main board need to VJ-1604 firmware installation for repair, or versus vise, dip switch #3
on main board should be as follows position.
Dip SW #3-1: On, Dip SW #3-2: Off
On Off
2: On
1: Off
After install new firmware, Dip Switch #3-1 should be off position.
On Off
2: Off
1: Off
Dip SW 3

Autotransmutado

Hi everyone and thank you all for your help.

I want to do that to downgrade the firmware and install compatible inks.

So, I found out if you pass the firmware 1.08 on ValueJet, it's impossible to downgrade (Mutoh's protection) unless you change main board.

Please, if someone have another idea I'm all ears.

heyskull

My VJ 1604 is running firmware 1.19 and is using bulk inks and replaceable smart cards.
I even have a device to write my own smart cards. Have a look here http://www.mutohsmartcards.com/
I know that some of the earlier firmware versions can bypass the smart cards but you are correct saying the firmware is not downgradeable.
The only thing I can see that Mutoh ever change on firmware updates is ways of limiting you to buy their ink!

SC