• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

mutoh vj 1204 dampers

jbennett

I am wanting to replace dampers on my VJ1204. I have taken the covers off, but can't get the piece that the service manual refers to as the damper fixing material that sets right on top of the dampers off. the manual shows simply rotating it up and no screws. Don't want to get rough with it. Any ideas? All help is appreciated.

jbennett

henryp

I am wanting to replace dampers on my VJ1204. I have taken the covers off, but can't get the piece that the service manual refers to as the damper fixing material that sets right on top of the dampers off. the manual shows simply rotating it up and no screws. Don't want to get rough with it. Any ideas? All help is appreciated.

jbennett

Yes, it has 2 locating pins and 4 locking tabs that just click in place, no screws. For easier removal, unscrew the clamp that holds down the ink tubes on the CR Sub-board. This would free up the ink tubes to give you more space to wiggle it out.

jbennett

Do you like manual to see how you can change the dampers?

I have it. Thanks though. I just cant get the damper cover up. Im probably just too afraid to put enough pressure on it. May have to get someone that has experience.

jbennett

jbennett

OK. After trying to replace the dampers with no success, I now have a printing problem. I am getting what I would refer to as very light but very noticeable cyan colored horizontal "splashes/raindrops". Any ideas what has happened. Have ran multiple cleanings. Is obviously most noticeable on areas of white. All help is appreciated.

Here are pics.

jbennett

Attachments

• spatter1.jpg
    spatter1.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 64
  • spatter2.jpg
    spatter2.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 69