• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Mutoh Vj1604

Alandofcastles

We have Mutoh Vj 1604 that had a new print head installed around 3 months ago, during printing it just stopped firing ink? it goes through all the motions but no ink on media. we tried a nozzle check and nothing. we tried everything to no availe. Inks Charge and head is clear so not that. We were told could be F2 fuse so had mainboard checked out and have had the F2 & F3 fuses replaced as they had both blown.
Questions are:
What does the F3 fuse do?
What can cause the F2 & F3 fuses to blow
Will the head be of no use?? NEW HEAD

Whats the best way forward.

All help is very much appreciated

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
The F2 and F3 fuse both protect the print head signal circuit. They pop when there is a short in the circuit. More than half the time it occurs in the print head cables. It could be due to a damaged cable or ink splatter on the leads/terminals. It could be due to a blown head as well. It could even be due to a power surge but that is much more rare. It's almost always the head cable.

Alandofcastles

The F2 and F3 fuse both protect the print head signal circuit. They pop when there is a short in the circuit. More than half the time it occurs in the print head cables. It could be due to a damaged cable or ink splatter on the leads/terminals. It could be due to a blown head as well. It could even be due to a power surge but that is much more rare. It's almost always the head cable.

heyskull

When the head was replaced did you replace the head cable with a new OEM one?
These fuses protect the board and as said are usually caused by ink splatter short circuiting.
On very rare occasions the main board can be damaged.

SC

unmateria

When the head was replaced did you replace the head cable with a new OEM one?
These fuses protect the board and as said are usually caused by ink splatter short circuiting.
On very rare occasions the main board can be damaged.

SC
In my case, bad head cables blown 6 transistor and f2 fuse several times (i blowed a resistor desoldering one of them too). Its a little tricky but It can be solved
1356ecc812bf066e860fc979c76b86a1.jpg

Enviado desde mi Nexus 6 mediante Tapatalk