• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh Woes

GMHEWITT

I'm running a Mutoh ValueJet 1304, and for the past two months, it has been quitting mid print and giving me the "End of Roll" notification. I'd love to bypass that sensor completely, but I'm open to any ideas at this point. Thank you.

signswi

Haven't used a Mutoh but on our Mimaki we just put a piece of tape over the End of Roll sensor. Try that first, sometimes simple hacks are the best. Otherwise you're probably looking at replacing that sensor or possibly the board it connects to.

tsgstl

Haven't used a Mutoh but on our Mimaki we just put a piece of tape over the End of Roll sensor. Try that first, sometimes simple hacks are the best. Otherwise you're probably looking at replacing that sensor or possibly the board it connects to.

+1
thats what I do
Word of warning, If you do this don't leave it alone when it is close to the end. When the Mutoh runs out of media it wont know and it will keep printing on the metal strip and you will have a huge mess on your hands.

edit: use a piece of transfer tape. It is EZ to remove and it does not leave residue

randya

I'm running a Mutoh ValueJet 1304, and for the past two months, it has been quitting mid print and giving me the "End of Roll" notification. I'd love to bypass that sensor completely, but I'm open to any ideas at this point. Thank you.

Usually one of these:
Media loading - if not straight, media will lift off the sensor and give error.

Dirty sensor, sensor needing adjustment, or printing on the back of the roll triggering sensor.

Temporarily, you can cover the sensor.
But you will want to find the cause.

Last edited:

laserman70

Usually one of these:
Media loading - if not straight, media will lift off the sensor and give error.

Dirty sensor, sensor needing adjustment, or printing on the back of the roll triggering sensor.

Temporarily, you can cover the sensor.
But you will want to find the cause.

+1

Deacon Doom

the 3M logo on the backer will also trigger a sensor error on that printer.

Had this issue as well with 3M vinyl. Talk to tech and he walked me thru turning the sensor off. Only had a small mishap when it truly was the end of the roll but no biggie.