• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

My favorite Printer Gandi 3150x2

cwb143

Trying to setup a 400x800dpi profile and it keeps printing
duplicates of the calibration chart. Any ideas on what causes that? And will it do the same for 600x1200 dpi. I normally run in 300x600 and don't have these kinds of problems.

Thx
CWB

miker

Gandi software FTW!

After you change the resolution on the Gandi, you have to restart the printer, otherwise you will get duplicate ghost and weird stretching results.

JoshMarten

I did not know this about the gandi's, is this just for profiling, or for running jobs as well? What do you do if you have to run different types of jobs at different resolutions as part of your regular workflow?

Grizzly

It’s all about your print!
If you change the DPI, you just need to turn your Head I/O off then back on. You don't have to restart the whole printer.

Jeremy

Grizzly

It’s all about your print!
I should protect myself. I know this works for my 3150, but I don't have a drop down menu for my dpi settings like the new machines. I have to change the dpi, which I never do, by doing a linux command. On my 1224 HDC, I have a drop down menu but I never have to change it. I run everything at 1200 x 480. It doesn't make a bit a difference in speed if I run at a lower or higher resolution. Let us know if this works on your 3150x2 since you're changing DPI alot.

cwb143

Yeah its a little different for the 3150x2. I/o boards wasnt enough. I shut down the software and started it back up without turning the machine off. and it worked. Now if I want to go back down to 300x600 you dont have to shut anything down. weird.