• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

My first project

mrvixx

One of my first projects is to put some signs on my truck. Most will be magnetic. I need some input.

Attachments

• tundra-back.jpg
    tundra-back.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 262
  • tundra-side.jpg
    tundra-side.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 216

Idea Design

I hope you didn't decide to abandon that logo you brought here for crit a while back.

Talk about impact. That was a good'n.

James Chrimes

Why do people ask for input and then ignore others advise. Even at 1" low res. we can still tell that the lettering will be uneffective. If the lettering on your truck will not read well why would a customer think that their lettering would turn out any better. Stick with one idea ( design) and establish it. By doing this for yourself it will make it easier to sell image to your customer. Practice what you sell. I have seen to many sign shop trucks in my area that have unreadable lettering..... which for me is a good thing.

Pro Image

If there is one thing I can say is a "PET PEAV" of mine its Magnetics on a sign mans truck...........I think it is so cheap looking.............Step up and letter it. Its not like you cant change it later.....................

And the block lettering dosen't look great with the nice logo you have...........

oc63rag

I've heard someone say they use the 20/20 rule - you have to be able to read it from 20 ft. away, traveling at 20 mph. This may, or may, not be true but it seemed to make sense.

SignosaurusRex

Why do people ask for input and then ignore others advise. Even at 1" low res. we can still tell that the lettering will be uneffective. If the lettering on your truck will not read well why would a customer think that their lettering would turn out any better. Stick with one idea ( design) and establish it. By doing this for yourself it will make it easier to sell image to your customer. Practice what you sell. I have seen to many sign shop trucks in my area that have unreadable lettering..... which for me is a good thing.
Amen Brother!

Mike Paul

Super Active Member
Lettering your first shop truck?
We all have been there. Lose the magnetics and letter the truck, It looks unprofessional and resembles a fly by night/part time business.

mrvixx

First of all I thank you all for your input. Sign solutions, when did i ignore anyones advice? The reason that i thought about magnetic is because its my only transportation to my regular job. when i do letter it i will definitly be sure that it is legible. I might just go ahead and letter the logo on the doors and use some magnetic for the back. Now you guys are making me rethink my other logo. I might just use it as my final. Thanks again for everyones input.

S

Sign-Man Signs

The signs on the truck are illegible standing still let alone driving by at 40mph.

Good start but don't try to jam so much info into the project. Name and phone number should be largest graphic on any vehicle. We get more calls from that than anything we put on our trucks.