• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

My first time lettering awnings (with paint)

401Graphics

This was painted on black canvas awnings. I Used calendared Arlon vinyl as a stencil and outdoor latex paint, and a 4 inch roller. I think I did pretty good for my first time. Took me 5 hours to do the 4 awnings, and put up a new face on the 3x 14 foot sign on top, and letter a door (with a lunch break in there somewhere)

How much do you guys charge to paint lettering on awnings? I charged by the hour and for the gallon of paint that i used maybe a pint of. (didnt charge for vinyl stencil)

(i also refaced that "floors to go" sign in the picture a few months ago)
(also thought i would mention that the 2nd floor that is now "gown town" is where my shop used to be not long ago)
and 5 hours in a bucket truck with no sun block sucks!

Attachments

• 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 213
  • 22.jpg
    22.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 131
  • 55.jpg
    55.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 140
  • 66.jpg
    66.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 120

visual800

I would have charged about $900.00 for the lettering thats DOES NOT include the awnings nor install. We letter a good bit of awnings of course most are now done with eradicated or sunbrella graphics system. Looks good to me

Craig Sjoquist

Good enough.

Little tight on air space for me, also would have used a sans font for contrast against name & easier reading against all other action.

How much bleed under ya get. ?

Done with in 10 hrs here 2 coats, no bleed, by hand, maybe less with lift

Same job

401Graphics

Good enough.

Little tight on air space for me, also would have used a sans font for contrast against name & easier reading against all other action.

How much bleed under ya get. ?

Done with in 10 hrs here 2 coats, no bleed, by hand, maybe less with lift

Same job

Yea I wasnt 100% happy with it, but to the average person it looks perfect.
There was a little bleed under, but not at all noticeable unless you were on top of it.

visual800

I always use a house brush to brush on the first coat and sorta get the edges of the vinyl sealed down and them go with roller. you will never get crisp libnes when you used masking but usually its doable from a short distance

Arlo Kalon 2.0

Yea I wasnt 100% happy with it, but to the average person it looks perfect.
There was a little bleed under, but not at all noticeable unless you were on top of it.

I discovered that the bleed under can be vigorously scrubbed away soon as the paint is dry with a rag SATURATED with paint thinner (I use oil base paint beginning with a coat of Ronan quick dry primer block out). The paint ghosting it produces at the edge of letters soaks into the material and disappears within an hour. Takes some getting used to because it's such a foreign concept to smear paint on a substrate, but I promise it works!