• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

My first wrap

MikePatterson

Head bathroom cleaner.
How? If you look at the panel shape of that vehicle its not like a deep hard V shape.
Use cast film, work it in and post heat and you're not going to get a failure on this body panel.

Because when you heat and stretch it into the recess there is tension on the film in the worst location. Post heating will help but it will fail within a year and you will have bubbles to deal with along with pissed off customers. The technique in the video is almost foolproof. The only addition to this technique is, I use is a 3M CAT V roller initially and follow up with a 3m small channel roller to finish with post heat. My old ass fingers get sore and cramp up after 2 or 3 vans. We wrap hundreds of these euro style vans and the only comebacks we get are from installer error in the recess, by not using the technique in the video. I don't like comebacks at my shop. We don't have the openings in our schedule for fixes so when something comes back in is makes everything backup.