• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

My Gerber Edge LE is in a beeping mood lately

gabagoo

I know the procedure to get it to stop and run, but lately it seems to do it almost all the time. Today it did it and I opened it up and pushed all the boards snug and blew out some dust and pushed some more connections and plugged it back in and I got one job printed. When I released the 3 push rods to take out the cartridge it started beeping again. When I open it I am obviously temporarily fixing the issue although I have no idea which one it could be. Any ideas what else I can do?

signgirl

Mine does this from time to time. I've done the same thing you mentioned and have not figured it out. Normally I just reset it and if that doesn't stop it I let it beep itself out. It usually stops after a few minutes. Sorry this doesn't help out knowing why.

Skeezix

Beep beep beep

M LE sits a lot now.
When I do fire up there I occasionally have issues.
Today I have the prints two of four colors then the advance motor keeps spinning and the control panel is blank.
Wasted material of course but also a 90 minute session of open close un plug restart beep beep beep all as above.
I had it serviced at Plotter DR a year ago and have used maybe 10 hours since. Any thoughts?

scott pagan

ours had a worn ribbon cable from repeat open/close (pinching or awkward bending?) that eventually gave out. new cable and runs like a champ.

gabagoo

ours had a worn ribbon cable from repeat open/close (pinching or awkward bending?) that eventually gave out. new cable and runs like a champ.

I was looking at that last time I was monkeying with it.... where do you get one of these cables...are they a standard item available anywhere?