• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

My Gerber HS-15 needs help

joe frye

I bought a used HS-15 plotter so I can use it in the cemetery to do lettering. When I turn it on, it does the test and everthing looks good. When I go to plot a job the cutter starts to move then stops and beeps continuous. Does anyone have some ideas of what to do?
Thanks
Joe

Marlene

is what you are cutting larger than the cutting area? dirt, vinyl and gunk build up on the silver bar that the cutting thingy runs back ond forth on? you also can try going in and setting the speed down from 100% to half that to see if that helps.

WhiskeyDreamer

Professional Snow Ninja
its been awhile since i had that plotter out...but if you take off the side panel where the motors is, check the gears and bands to make sure they're free of debris..

joe frye

When I bought it the only thing you could do was turn it on and do the self test. They didn't have sofware to test it. As far as they knew it worked. I took there word.

GoodPeopleFlags

Has it worked for you before? Or you just got it and never had it up and running? Are you trying to cut something with alot of detail or just text?

joe frye

Marlene,
When I got it wasn't that dirty. I did wipe it down lightly oiled it. It didn't look like it was used alot.
Thanks
Joe

signage

If you didn't see it work before you purchased it it could be any thing. I would check as some here have said! What software are you using?

Marlene

did you try running it at a slower speed? mine is really old and I have to run it at about 80% or lower or it will stop and beep. I'm not sure why, but I've run mine like that for a long time. this moring I did a quick cut of 1 letter so I just left it at 100% and it stopped and beeped. give it a try as it might work for you too.

joe frye

The only thing I have tried to cut is 2010 in about 1" letters. I have also looked at the gears and belts and everything seems to work. When you push the buttons it goes back and forth and from side to side.

signage

You may also want to try and cut just a shape Circle or square! Also what software are you trying to cut from?

daveb

General Know-it-all
Been a lot time since I've had my HS15 but if it starts to move, and its been sitting for a long time probably one of two things, dry bushing or bearing or the starter winding in x or y axis motor is bad. My suggestion for what is worth... hose it down with WD40 and see if it'll loosen up (go back and oil properly later). If it "starts" to move it means it's probably not one of the limit switches or software related or you wouldn't even get it to start. NEED TO LUBE THIS BABY UP, she's old and needs a little TLC (had an old girlfriend like that once)

alanb

I have a HS 15 ,cuts squares and circles all day long ,but ask it to contour cut and it just stops less than half way through ,anybody came across this problem ? i am using flexisign 8 pro