• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

My latest project.

Kottwitz-Graphics

I just finished up this project.

It is a 2" routed sign made with Sign Foam 4, painted with One Shot. I also fabricated a 3/4" steel framework with studs to mount to the fence section.

Here I am painting the letters...

20140908_194531.jpg

And a close up of me...can you see the determination?

20140908_194643.jpg

Here is the logo.

20140915_180626.jpg

And Installed. The fence section is one that I had made from 3/4" solid alum bar, custom fabricated, and then powder coated white. the ends are attached with a custom made bracket that I came up with. It is a piece of tubing welded to a flat bar, the fence slides into the tube, and bolts in with stainless steel hardware.

20140916_182914.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

TimToad

The sign itself and the craftsmanship on it is really well done, I'm just having a hard time with the scale of those columns and the placement of things.

Were the columns already there?

They just seem so huge in scale compared to the rest of it. They are massive and dwarf the sign.

The framework behind the sign panel really competes for my attention against the nicely minimalist approach you took with the sign itself. Maybe its me, but the sign not being centered or higher up on the white framework makes the circular icon lose relevance and impact. Any thoughts of a less prominent color for the framework?

Here is one we recently did, so nobody can gripe, "Don't talk about other people's work if you don't post any of your own"

Atascadero Professional Center.jpg

Kottwitz-Graphics

The sign itself and the craftsmanship on it is really well done, I'm just having a hard time with the scale of those columns and the placement of things.

Were the columns already there?

They just seem so huge in scale compared to the rest of it. They are massive and dwarf the sign.

The framework behind the sign panel really competes for my attention against the nicely minimalist approach you took with the sign itself. Maybe its me, but the sign not being centered or higher up on the white framework makes the circular icon lose relevance and impact. Any thoughts of a less prominent color for the framework?

Here is one we recently did, so nobody can gripe, "Don't talk about other people's work if you don't post any of your own"

View attachment 101815

Nicely done. I really like that.

The columns were done by an outside contractor prior to contacting me, so I had no control over them. I would have preferred to put in the posts myself, but it wasn't an option.

The placement of the fence fell because of the a conflict with the preexisting columns, and the gc's ideas on the project.

TimToad

Thanks, the overall layout is pretty safe, but its for a complex full of head shrinkers, so they wanted a very conservative, subdued aesthetic.

Keep up the good work.