• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help My ol' Roland SP-540v can't sense the left pinch roller. What kind of sensor is involved?

crgrove

HI THERE, EVERYONE! :)
My ol' Roland SP-540v can't sense the LEFT pinch roller. The carriage just skips right by it. going all the way over to the left side and returns to the station. It says "invalid" left pinch roller position BUT IT IS DEFINITELY right smack dab in the middle of where it's supposed to be.
I might be able to figure it out if I even knew what the mechanism is involved in doing the sensing. Is it magnetic? ...optical?... magic‽‽‽‽
I have the service manual but danged if I could find any info anywhere!
Thank you for any help you can give. :)

crgrove

This is most likely the flat cable going to the cutting head. It's a optical sensor on the back of the tool carriage.
I dug down into the little board on top of the carriage... wiggled the cable in its connector... and viola! I'm back!!! :cool:
Thanks again for the suggestion! :)

• I Appreciate You
Reactions: spb

netsol

I dug down into the little board on top of the carriage... wiggled the cable in its connector... and viola! I'm back!!! :cool:
Thanks again for the suggestion! :)
do yourself a favor & order the cable.
better you have it, next time it acts up (AND IT WILL)