• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

my photoshop cs4 disappeared from my computer!

i had to reformat my computer because of the now infamous signs101 virus..... some of my programmes went missing though! i thought i had saved my ps programme but it appears i didn't and i have absolutly no idea where the disk is as we have moved three times since i got it and i haven't a clue where the disc/box is!....i have spent hours looking through boxes, in cupboards etc.

so now i am stuck...i have no ps cs4 and i need it to get some jobs done...any ideas anyone?

Haakon

Not a permanent solution, but you can download the 30 day trial from Adobe, so you can get the jobs done and buy you an extra month to search for you own copy?

petesign

This doesn't help you now.. but for everyone else... download a free copy of Belarc Advisor and run it... print a copy of the results and put it in a safe place. It will give you all of the serial numbers for your installed software.

i had thought about contacting adobe and telling them i had bought it several years ago but have now lost/mislayed it...can i get another disc.......i think the laughter from the other end of the phone line would be too much for me though! :covereyes:

visual800

Being as I on occasion fix peoples computers I always wonder how people lose these disks. Not bashing OP but I keep all my disks in a big ole disk book and have made backups that are in safe depostit box. poeple will bring me computers and they have NO WINDOWS disk at all! i dont get it lol

Richard G

if you have a registered copy of any Adobe product go on line and they will give you whatever you need. I have.

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Yup - contact Adobe. Another catch is if you did not decativate the prior install your license key is only going to allow activation one more time. After 2 activations you have to call Adobe to reinstall regardless - I realize it's too late now (and may not have been possible with the virus situation you had) but if at all possible always deactivate an Adobe install under the help menu if you are getting rid of the machine or are going to be re-formatting and re-installing it. That frees the activation up.

If you still have your license key to re-install, worst case might be to find a download of the full installation from somewhere else on the web. Adobe no longer makes the download of the full install of older versions available.

2972renfro

In case you dont read my other thread I am researching how to avoid Windows viruses. Some say it is no big deal and yet here I am reading that at least 2 have been bitten by the virus. Why? Did you not protect your system? Did not update? Inferior virus protection program?

Many people mention getting viruses but not elaborating why. I have been worry free on a Mac and these stories are exactly why I prefer the mac. Viruses on the mac are virtually non existent for now. Not trying to make this another mac vs pc thread just confused

signswi

In case you dont read my other thread I am researching how to avoid Windows viruses. Some say it is no big deal and yet here I am reading that at least 2 have been bitten by the virus. Why? Did you not protect your system? Did not update? Inferior virus protection program?

Many people mention getting viruses but not elaborating why. I have been worry free on a Mac and these stories are exactly why I prefer the mac. Viruses on the mac are virtually non existent for now. Not trying to make this another mac vs pc thread just confused

300% growth in virus and malware activity targeting the osX platform in Q1-2 this year. Just saying.

Yes, many people have bad personal security practices which is what makes viruses profitable and probably always will. This particular virus (which was injecting from the signs101 forum) would have been caught by microsoft's free security essentials software (at least it was on my machines).

MikeD

if you have your serial #'s Adobe will help you out and allow you to download and unlock for free. I had to do it last year.

Yup....and I'm pretty sure it killed my computer too. :(

Came in last Saturday and of course checked out :signs101:....saw a thread about there possibly being a virus on the site then boom.....half an hour later all my programs crashed, some hard drive malfunction popped up and I wasn't able to get it to boot up after that.

Spent all week screwing around getting back up and running. (and I'm still not there yet). :banghead:

Hope you get a solution figured out Rushworks....I feel your pain.

took us 5 days to get everything running as it was because of the virus and countless computer tech hours in the process, you don;t even want to know how much money that costs!!

i didn't deactivate the serial.....my hard drive was near enough having a fit at the time......luckly i had saved my files and i thought i had saved ps as well........i have no idea if it was registered, i assume it was as my partner back then several years ago bought it for our business and i ended up taking over the business and moving so.....who the heck knows!!

spoke to them and as i have no serial #'s and it was (i guess)registered in europe at the time from my then partner, i have no idea if it was registered in a business name, personal name, an address etc!!........i got the software/boxes/dongles/serial numbers and keys to several software packages and computers etc along with some other stuff, but unless i can give info then......i was hoping they could lookup the business name and where it was purchased from kinda thing but....

so looks like i'm stuffed.....

signage

took us 5 days to get everything running as it was because of the virus and countless computer tech hours in the process, you don;t even want to know how much money that costs!!

This is one of the many reasons I recommend Acronis! You would have only spent a couple of hours!